The Ss Is Gone

04CHASE

the steering components are the same on the 1/2 to to 1 ton from 99-11 so yes this kit can be used on the SS , is it necessary? not at all. its more for lifted trucks with heavy loads on the front end and lifted trucks . imo i would go to napa get the moog (hd napa stuff) replacements , tie rods(if they have play) pitman and idler arms . most likely they are gone if your near 100k miles. my truck has only 30k and it isnt perfect.

alex man , cant say im happy for you. your SS is so clean why rid of it? im sure a new truck would be great and i admit new is always nice. but cmon man , a tundra? not american , with all toyota problems ? why not go buy a denali truck in the nbs ? the interior is second to none , the 6 speed with the 6.2 will put a hurting on the tundra in looks and speed . price is a bit more but dam the denali trucks are what i see you rollin

finished the hid install a few minutes ago . a bit more involed that i anticapated but it came out tite. low beams , and fog light with the riken sport 6k . i got the new style rikensport ballast as well , the new ones are more compact and concealable . perfect for the gmt 900 trucks since there isnt as much room as the 800's. now time for dinner.

I am glad everything worked out for you on the HIDs! Post up some "blinding" pics... :D

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alex man , cant say im happy for you. your SS is so clean why rid of it? im sure a new truck would be great and i admit new is always nice. but cmon man , a tundra? not american , with all toyota problems ? why not go buy a denali truck in the nbs ? the interior is second to none , the 6 speed with the 6.2 will put a hurting on the tundra in looks and speed . price is a bit more but dam the denali trucks are what i see you rollin

My SSS just isn't practical anymore. My daughter is getting older which means she needs more than "extra cab" room. That is the main reason for getting rid of it plus I'm over it. We never drive it anywhere. That's why it's so clean and dent free. Another reason why I'm trying to get away from Chevy/GMC is because I have lost faith in them and their product. I would love to buy American, but Chevy/GMC hasn't done enough to make me want to buy their product again. You guys can have it!

As for my next choice, Toyota has an extremely good track record with the exception of what has been happening lately. These recalls do not sway my decision at all for getting a Tundra Crewmax. I know Toyota will stand behind their product. Funny you mention Denali. I went looking at GMC's as well as Toyotas. The GMC's are nice, but the Tundra just kills the GMC when it comes to room inside, not to mention the power rear sliding window. I'm not looking to do a damn thing to this truck and I just find the Tundra fits my needs better than a GMC. Now I'm not saying I won't end up with a GMC, but if I had a choice, it would definitely be a Tundra. I doubt I'll get a Denali, just too damn much $$$$ for things I really don't need. Like I said, I'm looking for practical for my next truck. No bed cover, no wheels, no lowering or lifting, no big motor, NOTHING!!! I'll just install a flip down TV for my daughter if it doesn't come with one.

Toyota isn't doing bad considering these recalls. The Toyota dealer close to me is the second largest dealer in SoCal and when I went to look at the Tundras last week, they had NONE. I mean not one Tundra Crewmax. Guy tells me as soon as they come in, they are purchased. That speaks volumes to me!

new shoes ??

20x10 wheels , 37x13.5x20 toyo open counrty mud terrain .

2010-03-19174104.jpg

im always wishing my SS 22's and 18s were lighter but man these tires and wheels weigh over 120 lbs each , rotations are going to sucks balls. time to bust out the big pry bar.

What size are those? mine are 285/65/20(35x11) and i took one off and i thought i was going to have a hernia putting it back on.

first line in the above post , 37x13.5x20 , heavy as shit , thats what pry bars are for . some of the wheels i cnage on our pete's and frieght's weigh far more being 24.5/22.5 steel rims . a steel tow boot and a good 36 inch pry bar make it a walk in the park.

first line in the above post , 37x13.5x20 , heavy as shit , thats what pry bars are for . some of the wheels i cnage on our pete's and frieght's weigh far more being 24.5/22.5 steel rims . a steel tow boot and a good 36 inch pry bar make it a walk in the park.

I just look at pictures :jester: i also forgot your putting a lift on it too. I am thinking about going up to 37s when i need tires.

not right away . alot of people tell me to run a 4.56 which i think is a bit much . i dont want to be over 2k rpms @ 70 mph . if anythign i may do 4.10's but time will tell. already have quite a bit of appearance mods for it but thats about it .

i just sold the system from the camaro today and went to the stereo shop and picked up the new stuff for the dmax, ill be starting another thread but i have most of the parts and the day i get it back from some warranty work being done its getting tore down . thread coming soon.

pikcing it up tomorrow driving it home and putting it on the lift , suspension is getting torn down .

just got the new steering setup for this , its way overkill , the centerlink is 1 1/4" billet stock , weighs about 50lbs . waiting on the sub box to show up still but everything else is here so i can get the lift done by this weekend for sure. im hopinf my amp fold down steps will be here friday.