Sss Vs. Cc Denali

RCNap12986

How much slower would the 2005-07 SD be in a 1/4 mile race compared to the SS? Mechanically they stack up evenly, but the Denali is carrying a little more weight. How much... I'm not sure. They sit on the same wheel base right? Do any of you guys have friends with denali's, or know how they run against the SSS? Could it be as little as 2/10th, or fairly even... or are we talkin at least a half second?

Little things such as the SS being lower to the ground and less drag could help it, but were talking milliseconds, if that. However, I remember my buddys 05 CC SD who had stock 18s rims and I imagine they weigh alot less than the SS 20s. Through a country course the SS would win (lower stance, take corners faster without worry of flipping). 1/4 mile is tough to call.

my buddy has an 05 denali fully loaded. he ran a 14.86 with longtubes, tune and cai. when i had those mods i ran a 14.59. his weighs 6200lbs with him in it since its crew cab. ive seen a sss and a denali stock for stock at sar run and the ss won by maybe 3 tenths at the most

I actually ran against a 06 denali at New England dragway in October, both of us were running stock, I ran a 15.4 (with a shitty launch time) and he ran a 15.9 with a shitty launch also

How much slower would the 2005-07 SD be in a 1/4 mile race compared to the SS? Mechanically they stack up evenly, but the Denali is carrying a little more weight. How much... I'm not sure. They sit on the same wheel base right? Do any of you guys have friends with denali's, or know how they run against the SSS? Could it be as little as 2/10th, or fairly even... or are we talkin at least a half second?

how is all of yalls SSs so slow? i mean for stock times. i dont get it. but the denali weighs a good bit more. weight is weight. if you want a denali then dont let the extra weight of a crew cab one hold you back. which i dont see it being much diff seeing it has a shorter bed

Anyone see the new CC Denali's run? With the 6.2L? My friend has one and wants to race.

To LilIndy, the stock SS 6.0 (345hp) would lose vs stock SD w/6.2 (403 hp). I like that 6.2 alot, I am sure it makes up for the extra weight the CC adds and some more. This is just my opinion, I have not looked at actual times.

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

stock SS 6.0 (345hp) vs stock SD w/6.2 (403 hp) will take out the SS easily. I like that 6.2 alot, I am sure it makes up for the extra weight the CC adds and some more. This is just my opinion, I have not looked at actual times.

05-07 SD have the lq9 not the new 6.2

Yea the 6.2 is a different animal... I'm talkin about the 05-07 classic with the LQ9.like I said, mechanically the same as the SSS. I wish I could afford a NBS with the L92. So it looks like - could expect to be about .3 slower. Not too bad. As long as I could still run a low-mid 14 w/ a tune, CAI and an exhaust ill be thrilled. I've heard about one of these trucks goin 14.4 with the same mods on 24's.

Id like to see them run. Its a shame that when they gave the Denali the LQ9 they fed it too many big macs. I think the CC is still lighter than i am. Dang quadrasteer rearend is priceless but weighs a ton.

\

Quadrasteer was only available on extended cab Denali's I believe.

\

Quadrasteer was only available on extended cab Denali's I believe.

I had to double read it too, but I thing he was comparing the weight of the crew cab SD vs his Quadrasteer SD and yes the Quadrasteer was only available '02 thru '04.