Embarresed ..I Dont Mind Getting Beat But By

1quicktruck

2004 Chevy supercharged 373 gears,headers fast chips dino tune, no cats 285/60/18 tires magnaflow knock off and cold air intake (my ride) running down the express way and along comes a Chevy Colbalt SS. He is messing with me . We are running about 63 which is my sweet spot and I kick it down into pedal to the metal and he down shift and all I see is tail lights . OMG I am soooo hurt. A 4 banger but I look on the web and they can run mid 13 in the quarter still my ego is hurt. He may have been jucied but I couldnt catch him to find out and anyway my pride was shattered.

Edited by 1quicktruck (see edit history)

I bought an 09 cobalt ss for the wife when they came out with the new turbo setup,and surprisingly the thing flat out hauls from a roll,all the way to 160(I know from experience!!!) The brakes are insane also! So don't feel bad,some of those cars modded will run in the 11's!

I got smoked by a mid '90's Eldorado...dont feel bad. Car looked junk yard worthy and absolutely murdered me! When I get this 8 grand tax credit Im hopin to add FI to the SS. We shall see.

hey dont feel bad... atleast is was another chevy SS that smoked ya... and trust me..those things are quick... i puttin a motor out of one in a sand rail right now...the 09s were turbo..motor only weights 249lbs..and makes 270hp stock! and with just tunning it will make 400 stock..500 once u upgrade the turbo..anything after that ur lookin at interals..but still crazy power for a lil motor..i cant wait to feel it in my 1500lb sand rail..haha

try one off a light.. u should kill it from a dig.. my maggied SS runs low 12s and ive lost to a few charged mustangs on the highway..but they cant touch me from a dig

i went for a ride in my friends cobalt ss and it pulled very hard. I thought it was faster then my truck. He ran 13.7 at the track rolling off the line. from a dig i beat him real bad...real bad, but he is traction limited. We are planning a highway race from a 25 roll and a 45 roll(with a video man in his car) to see who would win that...but i'm not sure i can beat him, even zippy said i'd lose.his has the gm stage 1 upgrade tune

Edited by shadowsniper3006 (see edit history)

Hate to say it, but most of us better get used to getting smoked. Its insane the power levels they are getting out of these little 4's and 6's. Who woulda thunk it?? :banghead::dunno:

I'm sure that most folks lifestyle on here dictates that they drive a pick-up. I know I would rather be driving a much lighter car with the better power/weight ratio, but I got s#!+ to haul. :ughdance:

Edited by SilveradoEsEs (see edit history)

gotta watch out for those 97+ regals, 97+ grand prix, 98+ bonnevilles, and a few others with the GM 3.8L V6 under the hood. Quite a few of them came supercharged and are pretty sick with a little work done. My soon to be old lady has a 2000 bonneville with the blown V6 under the hood it now has about $6k worth of parts in the motor/trans and once the bigger throttle body goes on should be a high 12 sec 4 door sleeper. When I first got my truck all she had was a 1/2" smaller blower pulley, headers, and a tune and she left my 03 SS with out even trying. We went from a dig once and I pulled about 3-4 cars on her out of the hole but by 90 mph she was back to my rear bumper. It put down 273 WHP and 280 WTQ after all the work was done but was limited by the tiny stock throttle body.