Heated Seats Been Popping On

SilveradoEsEs

So for now, once the winter season is over, I just unplug the heater under the seat. There's a white multipin connector pretty much beneath the center of the seat. When you unplug it, it disables both the driver and passenger seat heaers, but nothing else. Power seat and memory seat still functions fine.

Old bump, but i did this and now my lever to move forward/back doesnt work! I reconnected the switch and still nothing.

My stupid headed seats would pop on quiet often and i was getting tired of it plus i never used the headet seat feature, i just want to be able to move my seats forward/back again.

Gonna check the fuse tommorrow, thats the only thing i can think of at the moment.

Edited by NTMD8R_SS (see edit history)

Well it wasnt a fuse, i guess i must of moved a wire wrong because i wiggled some wires around down there and now they work after around 30 minutes of messing around whit them.

The root of the problem looks to be in the actual switch, everytime i close the door the heated seat switch lights up (then shuts off because i disconnected the plug underneath the seat) whitch will have to do for now, once i take the panel out to suade the little panels, i'll check it out.

Edited by NTMD8R_SS (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

Well it wasnt a fuse, i guess i must of moved a wire wrong because i wiggled some wires around down there and now they work after around 30 minutes of messing around whit them.

The root of the problem looks to be in the actual switch, everytime i close the door the heated seat switch lights up (then shuts off because i disconnected the plug underneath the seat) whitch will have to do for now, once i take the panel out to suade the little panels, i'll check it out.

Let us know what you find. I don't have a problem replacing the door-mounted switch if that's the confirmed problem. But I have not been able to locate a correct replacement for the driver side door switch. Passenger side switch = no problem finding. But no online parts listing I can find has the driver door switch available. Probably because the switch has not only the heater controls but the memoy buttons too.

Makes me wish I had my old 66 396 Chevelle back. Things were simpler then.

Ok Guys, I said earlier, Fat Finger, now it's mea culpa. Random on of cycling, back heater only, after a rain storm. If I try and turn it off, when I get to the bottom it jumps back to the top (high) setting.

Also ( and this is weird) the seat won't go all the way back, only about half way, out of frustration I rammed it forward, it started going back further!, Back while pushing forward! Doesn't happen every time but I can duplicate it. I can't wait to see the service advisers face when I do that!