Heated Seats Been Popping On

SilveradoEsEs

Like title says, seat heaters have been coming on without touching the door switches. This has happened a few times before. I'm driving along and all of a sudden I feel heat on my back and butt. Look at door and buttons they are lit up. Always seems to do this when its raining. Wondering if door panel getting soaked might be the cause? It doesn't seem like they get that wet??! :dunno:

It doesnt so much happen to me but when my dad drives my truck his fat-ass hands usually turn them on when hes adjusting the mirrors or putting the windows up/down yellow_loser.gif

happens all the time, just after messing with the window or mirrors, FAT FINGER. :-)

I've had it before to. Only thing it was +35 celcius and no rain! Was happening at the same time my a/c was not working while driving through British Columbia last summer, it really made a sweaty situation worse. It was not fun! Did it maybe 3 or 4 times that day and one other day after that. Hasn't done it since. dunno.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Same thing has been happening to me for the last couple years on my 04 SS. Any time we get rain or even really high humidity or heavy dew, the driver's side seat back heater comes on and cycles through the settings. It even happens in the winter if it's damp enough out. For me, it's only the driver's seat back that is possessed. You can turn it off and a few seconds later, it comes right back on. It'll even turn itself off as it cycles through. Drives me nuts.

I've seen this problem reported here and on other forums. I have yet to find anyone that came up with a definite cause or solution. I've taken my door panel off and inspected the door module, even wrapped it with electrical tape to seal it up. There is no apparent way that moisture can get to it. I really don't want to just replace the module if there is no guarantee that will fix it.

So for now, once the winter season is over, I just unplug the heater under the seat. There's a white multipin connector pretty much beneath the center of the seat. When you unplug it, it disables both the driver and passenger seat heaers, but nothing else. Power seat and memory seat still functions fine.

If anyone knows a way to solve this, please let us know. Dealer didn't have a clue.

• 4 weeks later...

All of a sudden I have been having this happening to me too. It seems to do it whenever I start the truck as well and it just happens to have been raining for the past few days when this started. I really don't mind it because the heated seats are welcome with the dampness of the rain but its making me think there is more of a problem here.

I'm toying with the idea of selling the truck and would like to get to the bottom of this before I pass the truck on to its new owner.

• 2 weeks later...

Today we had rain out the wazoo and I didn't drive the truck anywhere until this evening. It sat outside in the rain all day. So I get in the truck to pick my son up from school and it hasn't been raining for a couple of hours now and as I'm driving, the seat heaters start cycling through all of the settings including off over and over. I couldn't get them to stay off. It did this for the whole trip. So that rules out the inside door switches getting moisture in them. The water has to be getting into the wiring inside the door I'm thinking. :dunno:

• 4 weeks later...

Any new info on this topic mine was doing the same. I've been driving it with my main seat harness unplugged all summer just so the clicking from the heated seats turning off and on would stop. I'm getting tired of seeing the airbag light now and winters coming. Thinking about ordering the seat control module. Just not positive that will be the fix.

03 Silverado SS. The drivers heated seat comes on and changes settings at will. This problem seems to only happens when it is damp or wet out. If it rains overnight but is dry in the morning, after about 5 miles down the road, it will eventually turn itself off and work properly. If it is rainy, snowy or foggy, the drivers heated seat will come on, off, and change settings constantly. When I turn if off, it will turn on by itself again. When it is dry outside, the seat functions properly. It is driving me crazy. Anybody figure out a repair for this, p l e a s e post it. Thanks!

• 2 months later...

I have had all of the sympyoms you guys have desrcibed. It started with the possessed drivers side seat randomly clicking through all of the settings. I pulled over and shut the truck off for a minute and then restarted it hoping it would fix the issue however it stated clicking through all of the settings again. This happened about 5 times. Now when I try to turn on the heated seats the indicator lights turn on for about 5 secs. and then it shuts off. It's now winter and my backside is freezing because the seats won't heat up. Hopefully someone can find a solution to this issue soon. I have some time off around christmas so I find anything that is helpful I will post it.