Z06 Brake Conversion

rudy91040

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like after the mock up I'm getting about 1/8" of the pad over the rotor. It appears the bracket is sitting flush and I don't seem to have any play on the caliper or the bracket. Is this normal? Is there something anyone suggests that I try, so I can get a little closer to 100%?

F3A30F1D-5896-4A3E-B368-F64D5BB7A903_zps

Thats how they are designed cause, if you want 100% pad contact you would of had to used the jyd bracket and required to grind alittle on the caliper casting to clear the rotor for full contact witch is the way i went.

Ran into another snag, clearance on Boss 330's. I'm in the process of buying new hubs and replacing the wheel studs to 2" so I can slide a 5/8" spacer to clear the caliper. I can't be too pissed since I scored these wheels for practically free. Just sucks, one thing after another.

• 4 weeks later...

If you are refering to the pic A_FuriouSS posted, then yes. There are some variances in the caliper mounting point to axle centerline distance in different spindles I measured. A happy medium was chosen. Some will be closer to the rotor hat, some will be farther. I didn't want people to have to grind their calipers to make clearance between the hat and the caliper.

I love em and the info on this thread was spot on. Thank you Rudy for all your hard work!

They look and feel awesome!!

897F35A3-74E6-47DF-A287-E30FA6B86962_zps

I need to find decals though. I didn't know "Corvette" was painted on. Brake fluid is some volital stuff. Just a lil bled onto the fronts when I was bleeding the lines and the paint came right off.. I shoulda taped it beforehand.

Edited by A_FuriouSS (see edit history)

Awesome! Let me know!

I read on the corvette forums that it's tough to get decals professionally manufactured due to copyright laws and GMP being sticklers about licensing.

http://www.tunerdecals.com is the closest. I haven't tried to contact them yet.

Edited by A_FuriouSS (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...