Z06 Brake Conversion

rudy91040

Brackets are mounting points are identical to the ones Ray made. Just cleaned up the profile a little, radiused the ends for a little more clearance and took the edges off.

Also, not all drop spindles are the same. The Beltechs have more area machined at the mounting surfaces and the mounting point to axle center line is very close to factory spindles. The McGaughy spindles are only machind in a small amount around the bolt holes. Also the McGaughy mounting holes are not the same as factory spindles. That's why people that have done the conversion with McGaughy spindles have to slot the holes in the brackets and/or the spindle to get more pad contact.

Had anyone ran this setup in cold climates just wondering if it would be ok up in the Canada winters!

There are a few guys that have purchased the brackets to do the conversion and I haven't heard about any problems from anyone. Part of the beauty of the conversion/upgrade is that it uses factory Corvette parts. Those parts have been designed and tested in conditions way more harsh than than they will probably ever see on anyone's truck. As for the brackets, it's just a big chunk of aluminum.

• 2 weeks later...

The front has been more than a few times on the NNBS aka GMT900 series trucks. You should be fine with 20" as long as you aren't close to the stock caliper to the back of the wheel now. If so, you might need a spacer to push the wheel out a little. For the rears of the GMT900 trucks I can't say with certainty everything will bolt up perfect. I'm fairly certain the mounting flanges on the ends of the axles are the same but I can't say 100% for sure on the e-brake assembly. I've sold kits to guys with GMT900 series trucks and so far nobody has contacted me with any issues.

Edited by rudy91040 (see edit history)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Check out the thread below for info on his new shop. For anyone that doesn't know him, Ray is a great guy to deal with and a great source for the Baer rotors when doing the Z06 caliper upgrade.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/83451-the-ss-suburban-is-gone-new-shop-is-born-superstreet-performance/?do=findComment&comment=927245

• 1 month later...