Z06 Brake Conversion

rudy91040

thats real good for all 4 corners.. is that calilpers and the mounting brackets? i havent looked at the vette upgrade in a loooong time.. does it use stock size rotors?

No undersized stock rotors. Also, check out the beginning of this thread for all the answers to do the conversion.

I have a few questions in reference to this kit you think it will work on my 06 silverado 1500 crew cab if I'm not mistaken they come with 12in. Rotors in front and on the rear it has drum brakes would this kit work or what would I need but my rearend is narrowed about 3 1/2in. Per side moreless for the intro wheels and Idk if it matters but my truck is on 22x10/24x10 intros any help would be appreciated ever since I put these wheels cant stand the way the brakes look to small behind the wheels heres a pik these are the only piks I could find working out of town thanks in advance

IMG_20121231_163936_zpsc4934095.jpg

IMAG1075_zpsd2e7c1ae.jpg

IMAG1045.jpg

Edited by 4doorsssilverado (see edit history)

Are the leafes in the stock location or are they relocated? Cause i know you can narrow it more on drum brakes than you can whit trucks that came stock whit calipers whit the leafes in the stock location. As for the front you would need atleast 1" from where your stock calipers are to where the back of the spoke is for clearance since the corvetter calipers are much "Fatter"

First off, nice truck.

Do you have drop spindles in the front? If so what brand?

For the rears you will need to convert the drum to disc first. If don't, I believe you will loose your e-brake and I'm not sure what the situation for attaching the brake lines we be. I've never done the drum to disc swap or really looked into it. Maybe someone with more knowledge on that subject can chime in. I recall there might have been some info posted about doing the conversion on here or pt.net.

Number1gmparts has the calipers as a kit for 1200.00 Baer has the rotors 1000.00 Rudy has the convertion brackets for 300.00 then your choice in pads price varies per company then if your gonna buy braided lines that's extra for the average pickup with 4wheel disc that's it but drums I would think you could pull your axles and grab the stock disc setup from a salvage yard and convert to disc for short doe and swap to zo6 if I'm wrong anybody that has done this or failed chime in but I think you would be good

No mine doesn't have drop spindles it has drop springs and drop arms and relocated lower control arms so they could align it and so the tires could be straight and yeah if someone could help me out on the rear set up I would really appreciate it thanks

Edited by 4doorsssilverado (see edit history)

There have been some that have made them work with McGaughy spindles, but I personally don't advise it. With Beltech they may. I mocked up everything on a Beltech spindle and it fit. But I can't say they haven't changed anything. I can get the part number if anyone needs it.

If these are the exact dimensions as rays were, I had to do a slight amount of grinding on the "webbing" between the bolt holes on the spindle. Just cleaned up some of the extra material from manufacturing. It was super simple. No one should be afraid to use these with aftermarket spindle imo. Remember, aftermarket spindles are designed to accept stock caliper brackets, which are exactly where these are designed to bolt into. Slight trimming is easy enough!