2005 Sss Only 41 Miles On It

Ruben525

Then someone has modded your instrument cluster - all SS's come with white-faced gauges as part of the RPO B4U appearance option package.

Mr. P.

NO SH!*...???:confused:

Now I have to wonder if my mileage is correct...Carfox was clean. Some friggin' dealers :M16: - should'a done more research before I bought it.:banghead:

Thanx for the info...could they have just done a delete or should I assume (as I am) the cluster has been replaced?

SSN8R

Edited by SSN8R (see edit history)

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now I have to wonder if my mileage is correct...Carfox was clean. Some friggin' dealers :M16: - should'a done more research before I bought it.:banghead:

Thanx for the info...could they have just done a delete or should I assume (as I am) the cluster has been replaced?

SSN8R

first, I think the original post could be legit. I've seen a couple on eBay with stupid low miles before.

Second, these trucks are notorious for gauge cluster problems, so another cluster wouldn't be a real stretch. Mine was replaced under warranty at about 37-40k, and they almost installed a black one, until the service manager caught the problem. The new one they replaced it with was messed up, too. Oh, well. 3rd time's a charm.

SSN8R

So what cluster do you have? The stock black one?

Same thing happened to me, my cluster bit the dust twice and my speedo was stuck on 120mph. The first time I had the cluster changed the service manager noticed he had black face regular silverado gauges as they opened the package and they were not white SS gauges. Luckily the SM caught the mistake before my truck went into the repair bay and it was only a 5 minute stop at the dealership and I got a free cleaning from the mistake. Took only 2 days for another one to be sent in. I believe the warranty for those run out at 70 or 80k?

So what cluster do you have? The stock black one?

Yep, it is the stock black one. Was/is it just an overlay Chevy put on or is it actually a white cluster?

ps Ruben525 sorry for the sidetrack - threadjack.

Edited by SSN8R (see edit history)