UPDATE: Bak O' da Bus Professor

OK, for those of you who want to know, all is moving forward right now ... I would love to give you more, but have nothing real to tell you. There were some major Powertrain codes thrown. we shall see. I am in a wait and see mode. It will be days or week or so to find out what all is and needs to happen. Fingers crossed. Hope for the best.

All back O' da bus and $h!7! Nice rental car. :rolleyes:

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You can give more than that now. :smash: Did the knocking sound come back? Maybe you stood on it some to bring it back? How is the tranny? I saw you were having trouble with it.

Just saying you're in a rental does not cover much. I don't care about specifics. Just want to know how the engine/tranny is/were doing.

You can give more than that now. :smash:  Did the knocking sound come back?  Maybe you stood on it some to bring it back?  How is the tranny?  I saw you were having trouble with it.

Just saying you're in a rental does not cover much.  I don't care about specifics.  Just want to know how the engine/tranny is/were doing.

I am fine with giving information to update you all, but I would hate to have it interfere with my warranty issues. They look to be many.

All forward gears are working now that the truck is out of reduced power limp mode, according to Joe. The motor banging noise changed into some deeper sounding noise, not so loud, that seemed to happen most of the time and idle feels like there is a severe lope in the cam. Everything overheated several times. they were supposed to fix the Efans, the mirrors, the motor, and the steering shaft.

Tomorrow, they should be digging into the motor. They know which cylinder, they think, I can't remember what he said. They saw powertrain codes. As for the tranny, it needs to be flushed when I get it back. Joe said they will have to pull the motor to get into it... if so, I figure that they will put regular tranny fluid back in it, theres a flush for you... As it stands, I just hope they find what ever was wrong with the motor, and just fix it. The rest will be history.

I think the lope you heard was a miss. A pulled plug wire will sound like that, as I assume a non-working cylinder would as well. I would be very interested in what the motor looked like for whichever cylinder is thrashed. I wonder if they would give you a copy of the pics? I know they must take pics of internal damage for filing and future reference.

I think the lope you heard was a miss. A pulled plug wire will sound like that, as I assume a non-working cylinder would as well. I would be very interested in what the motor looked like for whichever cylinder is thrashed. I wonder if they would give you a copy of the pics? I know they must take pics of internal damage for filing and future reference.

Yessir. I plan to call Friday and see what they discovered. If something bad happens, I assume they will start the calling me.

Make sure to post the pics of the broken ring lands and the head gaskets. Somthing tells me they pushed a little. That is if they show you the carnage. They might just pull it and throw another long block in. I am hoping for the best just like you, I hope everything goes well...even though you will not sit in the front of the bus with me :(

i guess as long as it isn't red :D ...

i hope once you get er all back together you will get antzy to drive the SS and stop those cheating thoughts...but the SC CTS-V isn't a bad replacement...

RED is fast for a moment... , all Joking aside...ok, who are we foolin, jesting has never stopped yet... I just hope they find and fix what ever is wrong... and that it is covered under warranty.

I don't think submitting a fraudalent claim is something to brag about myself. But I don't seem to have much company in this thread.... :confused:

You are not alone....I agree with you completely! :thumbs:

And I'm sure GM would too.

I don't think submitting a fraudalent claim is something to brag about myself. But I don't seem to have much company in this thread.... :confused:

You are not alone....I agree with you completely! :thumbs:

And I'm sure GM would too.

From this view of things, there is certainly no bragging, no fraud, and no real idea what you mean. However, comments like these are what remind me why I am so thankful for support from the home team.

nobody here works for the dealer that he brought it to as far as i know so other than making comments i don't see how we have a single thing to do with it. at this point it's up to the dealer to decide whether or not to warrenty it not any of us.

Archived