Picture of truck with finished 2/3 drop

rico750sxi

Just finished installing the hangers for the rear leafs so I snapped a shot. For those who don't know, I was just using the shackles for the rear. I wanted a little more drop in back and also McGaughy's said using the hanger and shackles would eliminate the need to shim the rear.

Oh, the other reason I posted this is I think it's the best picture I've ever taken of my truck. As some of you may lknow, I am no photog(sp?) by any means.

60245878.jpg

yeah once i cut my bump stops down i lost all vibration...hope everything runs well with yours...got a call from mcgaughys today just to see how everything went...and to see if i had any suggestions...the only thing i could think of is include a step to cut the bumpstops in the directions...if someone is installing they might not because it is not in the directions...

looks great though... :thumbs:

yeah once i cut my bump stops down i lost all vibration

Which bumpstops did you cut, front or rear? I'm using GroundForce rear bumpstops and a full front stop. Was your's riding on the rear bumstops so you weren't getting the full drop?

How hard was the hanger install?

Everything went smoothly once I bought a right angle die grinder to cut out the rivets. I started with my 4 1/2" grinder which worked fine on all of the rivets I could reach. The front upper one though I needed something smaller. The gas tank needs to be moved too which wasn't too bad. Tuesday I did the driver side which included changing the shackle on the driver side to the 1" hole and removing the hitch(really beginning to hate that thing!!) and it took a lengthy 6 hours. That also included two trips to the hardware store which is about ten minutes one way. Today I did the passenger side and remounted the hitch and it took 3 hours. Also, the driver side rivets didn't want to come out of the frame even after the hanger was removed. A lot of manual persuasion with a hammer solved that. The passenger side rivets popped right out with a couple taps. I will say a torch would be nice but I didn't remove my gas tank, I just removed the brackets and pushed it over as far as needed to get my hand in there.

yeah once i cut my bump stops down i lost all vibration

Which bumpstops did you cut, front or rear? I'm using GroundForce rear bumpstops and a full front stop. Was your's riding on the rear bumstops so you weren't getting the full drop?

How hard was the hanger install?

Everything went smoothly once I bought a right angle die grinder to cut out the rivets. I started with my 4 1/2" grinder which worked fine on all of the rivets I could reach. The front upper one though I needed something smaller. The gas tank needs to be moved too which wasn't too bad. Tuesday I did the driver side which included changing the shackle on the driver side to the 1" hole and removing the hitch(really beginning to hate that thing!!) and it took a lengthy 6 hours. That also included two trips to the hardware store which is about ten minutes one way. Today I did the passenger side and remounted the hitch and it took 3 hours. Also, the driver side rivets didn't want to come out of the frame even after the hanger was removed. A lot of manual persuasion with a hammer solved that. The passenger side rivets popped right out with a couple taps. I will say a torch would be nice but I didn't remove my gas tank, I just removed the brackets and pushed it over as far as needed to get my hand in there.

Thanks, I want to tackle this someday soon. :uhoh:

Archived