New Source For Hid Kits!

stg313

Btw, what bulbs are those in your DRL's? And how the hell is your license plate so reflective?

DRL - Amber DRL - Sylvania Silverstars 3157 AST ($10.00 a set) I also have the same bulbs in my Turn signals.

DRLs.jpg

Borrowed Photo -

License Plate ... All the new series Massachusetts license plates are reflective. That is truly just the right camera angle. No trick photography, but just the right timing.

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

License Plate ... All the new series Massachusetts license plates are reflective. That is truly just the right camera angle. No trick photography, but just the right timing.

Thanks man I'm gonna try and find those bulbs for myself they look awesome.

Ah.. I wish my license plate was that reflective.. help against that damn photo radar lol

Edit: Here is how I routed my ballasts, under the (i guess its called) the rad frame, I got a little lazy with the wiring on the passenger side but you get the gist. You can't quite see the ballasts themselves except thru the holes, but its directly under the bar with the zipties on it.

First 2 are passenger side, last one is drivers side.

DSCF0064.jpg

DSCF0068.jpg

DSCF0069.jpg

Edited by ThatTallCanadian (see edit history)

Sorry its taking me so long to get back to this.........

Wow that is a huge plus, are there mounting spots on it to tie zip ties to? Because DDM slims don't have any holes or anything anymore and its a big piss off when hiding the ballasts.

There are plenty of places to zip tie to, as long as your using small zip ties.

IMG_1191-500x500.jpg

Ya I wish they had the 55w kit. I would buy em right now for sure. Good source for hids tho. Thanks for sharring with us. I will probably be gettin a kit or two in the near future because I want to get them from a place that will have them for years to come. How long till the 55w kits come out. Jw

I just sent him a PM asking that, I will update as soon as I know.

I just noticed an ad on this site advertising $49 HID kits. Anybody buy one of these kits yet? How is it?

Thats not a bad deal at all, plus it's a supporting vendor. I may grab a kit for my Infiniti FX35 fogs/driving lights ...

EDIT: They don't have my bulb size or temp ... (H8 w/ 4300K ... I want the temp to match factory)

Edited by Stitches040 (see edit history)

Hi Guys, stg sent me the link over here, I just wanted to straighten some of you out.

all hid bulbs are rated at the same . so the only difference in kits is the ballast . all hid bulbs should be able to handle 60 watts.

Yes there is a difference, if there isn't i'm getting screwed...

If you were to look at a 35W HID bulb the "globe" in it would be smaller than the globe a 55W HID bulb.

Not sure where you got your info but for my company it is wrong

to the guy that said hes with stupid ^ see above

Edited by Krypton-Josh (see edit history)

I just noticed an ad on this site advertising $49 HID kits. Anybody buy one of these kits yet? How is it?

If you are talking about DashZ I think it is at the top of the page, that is not a supporting vendor, that is a google ad that pics up keywords in threads and targets the audience that way. If you post about ponys you might see a my little pony ad...

Im not going to be selling these without a relay kit, the 55W kits can damage stock wiring... and I dont want lawsuits. With that said cost for these 55W kits is going to be $80 shipped (with the relay kit) (inside the US).

Sorry to any mods here, im not trying to "advertise" just trying to get the facts straight so these guys are on the same page and informed. If this is unacceptable please delete my post.

Im not going to be selling these without a relay kit, the 55W kits can damage stock wiring... and I dont want lawsuits. With that said cost for these 55W kits is going to be $80 shipped (with the relay kit) (inside the US).

Sorry to any mods here, im not trying to "advertise" just trying to get the facts straight so these guys are on the same page and informed. If this is unacceptable please delete my post.

So can I order two pairs of the 55w yet? I would like to compare them to the ddm and plus I need hi been hids anyways. Let me know thanks.

All this being said guys... you dont need 55W in my opinion. The 55W's should be in nothing but Off road vehicles OR used in a projector housing in a street vehicle.

Im saying this as I am about to add another grand in 55's to my order from the factory... I dont want to be stuck with them but people keep asking.

so theres not much of a difference between 35w and 55w? and how blue is the iceberg blue cant really tell. Im stuck between the diamond white and 8k blue. what do you like better?

There is a huge difference between the 35w and 55w kit. The 55w kit is 40% brighter than the 35w kit. I have used both types in my truck and definitely prefer the 55w kit. I have had 55w kits in both my headlights and reverse lights with the factory wiring for over a year with no issues at all. Also the 55w kits run a lower color than the 35w kit. So an 8000k 55w kit will look like a 6000k 35w kit. I currently have the 55w 8000k up front and the 6000k 55w kit in my reverse lights. Just an FYI my brights are not on in the first pic. These are just my lows

2011-01-05_18-26-56_566_edit0.jpg

2010-12-31_18-16-42_985.jpg

Edited by Silverado777 (see edit history)