New Source For Hid Kits!

stg313

There is a huge difference between the 35w and 55w kit. The 55w kit is 40% brighter than the 35w kit. I have used both types in my truck and definitely prefer the 55w kit. I have had 55w kits in both my headlights and reverse lights with the factory wiring for over a year with no issues at all. Also the 55w kits run a lower color than the 35w kit. So an 8000k 55w kit will look like a 6000k 35w kit. I currently have the 55w 8000k up front and the 6000k 55w kit in my reverse lights. Just an FYI my brights are not on in the first pic. These are just my lows

2011-01-05_18-26-56_566_edit0.jpg

2010-12-31_18-16-42_985.jpg

Well for my sake I hope you are right haha. I only have 5000 and 6000 coming in right now in 55's (should be in within a week) I will probably add 8000's and 10,000's over the next month or 2.

To each his own, do you get flashed alot with your 55's? My 35's are a huge improvement over stock and I rarely get flashed, it actually didnt happen for about 3 months after install. Course, you HAVE to adjust your beams after doing any install for best performance and least blinding light to oncoming traffic.

what are your backup lights or was this a custom retrofit?

Ive thought about adding HID's to reverse lights but havent seen any bulbs that I could replace with HID's back there... looking your truck up now anyhow

Yes I do get flashed alot....thumb.gif I also have people shining their brights on me cuz they think I have mine on. Its all in how you have your lights adjusted. Since the 55w can shine a lot farther I have my lights adjusted up. I would much rather see farther out then make it retardedly bright 20ft in front of my truck. To me that just defeats the purpose of having brighter light. Just my opinion.

I used H11 bulbs in my reverse lights. They do not seal 100% so you will have to use black RTV silicone to seal it.

he says hes getting 55s right? and I have black out covers on my lights the darkest you can get and my silverstar ultras are not cutting it anymore. will the 35w kit be a big diffrence or should I just get the 55s?

The difference between halogen and 35W is night and day, it was for me at least.

So u think if I got the 35w I would be ok at night? I hate taking them off when's its dark out.

I don't know how much the covers limit you so I can't really say for that. I'd assume you would be fine to leave em on, either way you are gonna get way more light.

First off, welcome to the forum Josh. I really didnt expect you to join but I am glad you did! This site is full of a bunch of great guys, some of whom I have had the pleasure of meeting over the years. Almost everyone here has HIDs so you definitely have a real market here!

he says hes getting 55s right? and I have black out covers on my lights the darkest you can get and my silverstar ultras are not cutting it anymore. will the 35w kit be a big diffrence or should I just get the 55s?

So u think if I got the 35w I would be ok at night? I hate taking them off when's its dark out.

If you are talking about the Auto Vent Shade brand headlight covers then no HID will provide enough light to drive at night. I know this because I had those covers on my truck for almost a year with DDM 55w HIDs. The light does come through the cover to some extent but its not even close to enough light to drive. I just got in the habit of popping my hood real quick and pulling the top covers off. I never really took the lower section off.

The difference between halogen and 35W is night and day, it was for me at least.

Definitely a huge upgrade from silverstars to a quality HID kit. With that having been said, I made the mistake of buying a 35w kit off ebay from a kit called "Extreme HIDs" and they are terrible by comparison. They didnt seem bad at the time but once I tried out my first DDM 55w kit I realized they really sucked.

Just go 55w and be done with it. It's only $15 more....

Check out this thread I just created here. It is a side by side comparison of a 55w DDM kit with a 35w Kryptonbulbs kit. I can honestly say I like the Krypton kit better, and they are even the cheaper product! If Josh's 55w's are anything like his 35w's then I will be making another switch because those things are going to absolutely put DDM to shame! So here is the link:

Edited by Stg313 (see edit history)

I come bearing good news! Josh now has the 55w kits in stock and are available for purchase on his website. link here

I have not seen one of these 55w kits yet so if someone orders one post up so I can follow up with you on how you like it. If its anything like his 35w kit it should be amazing!

Very limited on the quantities guys... I got extras of the 9005's cuz I know you guys wanted them.

Even so I blew a grand on these at the last minute when I ordered, I have 6 9005 5000K's and 6 9005 6000Ks and some others. I will bring more in depending on how these go... and I need to get more shelf space.