Nitrous Times!

Krambo

Very nice, big congrats. I expect to see one or two more in the tens before the end of the year. It's nice to see guys like you and Chase get there. You've both spent enough time for sure getting the numbers out of your trucks.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congrats again Kevin,

Did you arm the system manually when you sprayed or did you come off a delay? Did you progressive hit it or all at once? WIth your 4500 converter, did you make it past the 60 foot mark before hitting the bottle at 5300? What was your rpm as you crossed the lights, and did you have to pull 4th gear to make it...or lock the converter to control rpm. If you didn't lock the converter, since your running such a loose one, would it pay to lock her up in third?

LOL Brad. let me break it down:

1. I am using a Nitrous Outlet TPAS and window switch (for this run) which delays the shot to whenever you wish (setpoint). I had it dump all at once at 5300RPMs.

2. I am not sure if the nitrous hit before the 60ft or not however if I had to guess, I would say yes. The 60 ft times are lackluster for sure for a 10.8 however when the nitrous hit, the truck squirmed horribly which I am sure didn't help. With the current suspension set-up there is no way I can dump a 200 shot off the line...progressive, then yes. That will be the next step. The converter flashes anywhere between 43-4500 in NA form. When I hit a 100 shot last year, the converter flashed to close to 5k! Way too high for a big shot off the line. My intention was to spray after the converter "engages" for this run.

3. Converter was not locked in the top of the run. I considered it however, I'll admit it, I was scared that something would let loose. I would bet a good amount of money that if I locked the converter in 3rd, my trap MPH would be much higher. I just wasn't interested in getting towed home this early in the driving season. :ughdance:

4. RPM through the traps is a mystery. My laptop slammed shut at roughly half track and the damn log stopped a few seconds after that. Must have triggered the space bar and stopped the log. I have my rev limiter at 7200 and my window switch at 6900. I hit neither on this run. I have no issues running the 408 to 7k and beyond however the poor 65E surely won't like it.

... that 60 ft still has some left in it as well , i know mine was horrible on the 10x pass with like a 1.85 . you do have the fastest 1/8th for an ss though . i havent broke 7.00 yet.

when is the next outing , you may just get the number one spot as i dont think ill be making it to the strip anytime time real soon and hot weather is imminute !!!

Chase, I am VERY happy with the 1/8 mile time and it correlates to having short tires (28"). My 1/4 trap will suffer with the shorter tires however. A taller tire would give me more up top while hurting my low end.

What size DR's are you running?

I highly doubt I will be at the track anytime soon. Island is fairly local to me so that is why I went. The family went to church and I went to the track. I should have been able to post a 10 sec pass last year but I was lazy. Island closed on their scheduled opener however the weekend I went, the weather was absolutely perfect. High 40's, High pressure, low moisture lots of sun to keep heat in the track. It was crowded. I was set to go again last weekend however they closed "due to weather".

...what was your best run on a N/A run or the smallest N02 shot?

...Whats the fastest your truck has ran with no nitrous?

I really haven't done fine tuning on the NA times yet with the new converter. I am only pushing 25* of advance however did dial in the fueling right where I need it. I didn't experiment with converter locking and shift points yet either. Best I could muster was mid 12's at roughly 104 at full weight. For those that know me, I usually hold off on posting times until I feel it ran its best. I am sure with some tweeks, good weather, low 12's is a very reasonable ET.

I did do small shots and believe it or not, it ran the same times. Basically, a 50 dry shot only managed to assist in blowing off the tires at launch, causing a sub par 60ft. The MAF didn't like measuring the N2O either and fattened up the fueling which hurt the ET. I have since dialed in the 75 dry shot however did not get it to the track to see the results. Looking at logs, it cut roughly .5 off the ET however only the track can be proof.

I ran 150 through the DP system and it got me into the mid / lower 11's. Very typical of N2O fed 408's in an AWD SS (check the track time sticky).

Once I gather all my slips and do some final track shots, I will post a comprehensive comparison. Most likely in the fall. For now, it is approaching cruise season so I will most likely clean it up, slap the 20's on it and do the shows rather than go to the track. We'll see...

good stuff , thats my plan for now too , have fun for the summer and then hit the track hard this winter/fall. good luck on it kevin . you need to make a trip to cali sometime man.

Congrats man.That is flying in a full size truck.It must feel like you're in your front room and hitting the afterburner!Have you tried tightening up your plug gap?It might help with the small backfires.I wouldn't even think about locking up your convertor with all that power and all that weight.A couple of MPH on the top end is not going to show a large improvement in ET.If you lock it up and it breaks,get your wallet out.I think when you get everything sorted out you will be running less stall which will help on the top anyway.Adding a progressive system should really help off the line.It will also lessen the need for a high stall.Again.nice work.:thumbs: