Got my Zaino today!!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Don't use a buffer to apply it. Removing with a buffer would be ok but probably not worth it, it comes right off with no residue or greasiness like waxes. You'll waste WAY too much expensive Zaino applying it with a buffer just loading up the buffer pad.

For your first coat on the SS, put one ounce of Z5 in one of the little clear bottles with the drops of ZFX. Follow the instructions for mixing, letting it sit for a bit, etc. The bottles hold two ounces, I took a tape measure, found the middle of the bottle and made a mark with a black Sharpie - this is the 1 ounce mark. I then split the distance from the bottom of the bottle to the mark for my 1/2 ounce measurement.

One coat on my SS = 1/2 an ounce of Zaino! That's every painted surface, glass, windshield, headlights, grille, wheels, taillights, mirror glass, etc.

Hold the applicator pad that came with the kit at arms length and spritz it with Z6. Let that dry for a few minutes. Now you can start with that 1 ounce of Z5. Put a teeny-tiny amount on the applicator - pea sized or so and just wipe it on (vertically on the sides of the SS and lengthwise down the hood). No need to "work it in" or do the traditional circular motion.

It'll look like you're almost not putting a thing on and that's what you want. Lots of thin coats.

Let it dry for an hour or so and wipe off, Z6 the SS and repeat with your next coat of either Z5 or Z2, either one with ZFX.

The most important part of the Zaino process is the Dawn wash and clay bar. Get the SS squeaky clean, no water spots, etc. and then start building up the layers.

The instructions that come with the kit are golden, follow them to the T.

Just got my Zaino on Monday, and did mine last night, i think i went a little too thick so it took a couple hours to dry :(

Only did one coat as the sun was now over hawaii. Smells nice and looks like it got a little waxing. Then on the way to work this morning, nothing but water puddles from the damn sprinklers on the side of the roads. One of them got me :cry: At least it looked good for the 9 hours it was in my garage @night.

Just got my Zaino on Monday, and did mine last night, i think i went a little too thick so it took a couple hours to dry :(

Only did one coat as the sun was now over hawaii. Smells nice and looks like it got a little waxing. Then on the way to work this morning, nothing but water puddles from the damn sprinklers on the side of the roads. One of them got me :cry: At least it looked good for the 9 hours it was in my garage @night.

Use the ZFX with the Z2, dries instantly.

Archived