Got my Zaino today!!

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I ordered the Ultimate Protection Kit for $116.95 that includes Everything, clay bar etc.    Very easy to apply and just let it sit and wipes off nice!! 

Ginnie :thumbs:

Ginnie.... How much time did you spend with the clay bar?

I'm thinking about the full kit, I see this easily turning into a 2 or 3 day project. :eek:

I've clay-barred my cars before, nothing as big as the SS...

WW :sleep:

I clayed the GFs new Monte Carlo SS...it got off some gunk left by the manufacturer as well as anything that may have attached itself in transit...claying should not take long at all unless you have some abused areas...it never seems like I am doing anything but the cars have been new and not abused...gives you a CLEAN SHEET to start and does make a difference in my opinion!

Enjoy!

Bill

I'd start with a clean finish. I did the Lexus at 8 months old, I was surprised at the garbage the bar picked up. :eek:

I used Mother's on it, you can feel it as you work your way across.

Even though they're garaged they stll pick up contaminants in the air.

We have refineries to the southeast.

The SS is 15 months and spends way more time in the elements.

It'll be a big job, a lot more sheetmetal than the car, and figure in the tonneau.

Maybe when the weather cools.... :rolleyes:

WW :cool:

Maybe I'm a little too enthusiatisc, but the first claying my truck took 3 days! It was 15 mos old with 10K miles and the last owner did not really care for the finish all that well. BUT, was worth EVERY minute, came out beautiful and I have continued to use clay in a couple tough spots after regular washing. There is a lot of limestone in the water here (like everywhere else in central Texas) and spotting can be a problem. Starting with a clean finish makes all the difference, even if you have to do it panel-by-panel IMO.

I am really sold by your guy's testimonials, I have already put a ton of McGuires on my truck but next season I will use the Zaino line.

Mr. P. :)

I didn't use the Clay Bar. I only have 5,000 miles on it and I Didn't drive it at all during the -Winter--Should I have Clay Barred it first?? Makes you want to Cry when you wash it with the Dawn Soap :sigh: but the Finished product is oh so FINE!!

Ginnie :chevy:

Yes, always clay bar before starting out with Zaino. It was incredible how much crap came off the paint with the clay bar on my brand new CTS-V last month. If you don't clay, Zaino will effectively seal in the contaminants. Clay is the only way to get it squeaky clean before you build up the layers of Z.

Archived