NO MORE Busted Truck

MustBBrent

Well, I got my baby back today. Needless to say, questions about the 42lb fuel injectors, the boost gauge in the cab, and the clincher... " Mr. owner, do you know what kind of pressure it takes to Not crack, but BREAK a landing and ruin a piston?" Meant that you know who got to pay for the repairs.... best part, they installed a new fuel injector in the problem cylinder and sent mine back to GM... so, I only had 7 big boys. No matched set, nothing. I had to take them the originals to minimize the impact and cost...

Negotiations for the rest of the story are still unfolding. We shall see what else happens. The lifters are awefully loud now... they sound like my wife's suburban with 50k miles on it. Wife still laughs at me. But all in all, the truck pulls harder and stronger than the Malibu I was driving, so in perception, it feels quick.

Dunno what the next step is.???. I think I will be spending some QUALITY time with her for a while and then who knows.

Good lesson learned. :) Chin is up. I'm alive and there is nothing wrong with me at least in my own mind :P . Tomorrow will be another day.

pressure it takes to Not crack, but BREAK a landing and ruin a piston?"

I guess the crack I predicted in Kansas got worse after you got home. If it had been broke then, you would have never made it. Glad you're back up and running.

Joe

Archived