Bye Bye Radix hello 427

Yes I admit it; I am a HP junky...... :seeya:

I have gotten to the edge of where the Radix can take me for a daily driver......

I've been looking at 427 Long Block Package. That should generate 500RWHP/RWTQ From there I can add Nitrous for that extra kicker....

What to do, what to do....... :sigh:

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:cool: , but your going to start finding more weak links I think  ;)

:withstupid:

I agree with you guys.......

N/A it will be about 75 RWHP/TQ more then I have now , and with a 100 or 150 shot it will take some punishment, but I was ready to get a new trans built anyway......

This is the motor set up........427

Talk to HPE and APE before you decide on the Speed Inc motor. Both those shops are starting to put out good reliable motors. I'd buy from either without thinking twice. Also, you might think about a smaller 408, so you aren't going wild on the extra stroke or expense of the C5R block. Power difference between a 408 and a 427 won't be too much. Also, don't expect to make more than 450ish to the wheels in these trucks and still keep it driver friendly. More power could be had from a race prepped cam and heads combo, but it won't be very good for a truck.

Jeff you've got 433RWHP with your Radix why don't you just spray the radix ? Even with a well built street 427 you'll be lucky to get another 20RWHP (Assuming a reasonable truck cam) plus you'll lose a bunch of low end TQ...

But a ATI or Vortech with the 427 or even a 408 can easily put down 600+ to the wheels

Jeff you've got 433RWHP with your Radix why don't you just spray the radix ?  Even with a well built street 427 you'll be lucky to get another 20RWHP (Assuming a reasonable truck cam)  plus you'll lose a bunch of low end TQ...

But a ATI or Vortech with the 427 or even a 408 can easily put down 600+ to the wheels

I was thinking about spraying my current set-up, but I only have a year left on this truck, and I want to keep the motor intact.

My long term plan is to take the 427 spray it and drop it in a Vette, Trans Am or a Chevelle for next summer.

Archived