Bye Bye Radix hello 427

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Talk to HPE and APE before you decide on the Speed Inc motor. Both those shops are starting to put out good reliable motors. I'd buy from either without thinking twice. Also, you might think about a smaller 408, so you aren't going wild on the extra stroke or expense of the C5R block. Power difference between a 408 and a 427 won't be too much. Also, don't expect to make more than 450ish to the wheels in these trucks and still keep it driver friendly. More power could be had from a race prepped cam and heads combo, but it won't be very good for a truck.

:withstupid:

APE has a killer 408 special going on. :eek:

Talk to HPE and APE before you decide on the Speed Inc motor.  Both those shops are starting to put out good reliable motors.  I'd buy from either without thinking twice.  Also, you might think about a smaller 408, so you aren't going wild on the extra stroke or expense of the C5R block.  Power difference between a 408 and a 427 won't be too much.  Also, don't expect to make more than 450ish to the wheels in these trucks and still keep it driver friendly.  More power could be had from a race prepped cam and heads combo, but it won't be very good for a truck.

Any details Jason? I visted their site, but nothing on there about the special.

Talk to HPE and APE before you decide on the Speed Inc motor.  Both those shops are starting to put out good reliable motors.  I'd buy from either without thinking twice.  Also, you might think about a smaller 408, so you aren't going wild on the extra stroke or expense of the C5R block.  Power difference between a 408 and a 427 won't be too much.  Also, don't expect to make more than 450ish to the wheels in these trucks and still keep it driver friendly.  More power could be had from a race prepped cam and heads combo, but it won't be very good for a truck.

Any details Jason? I visted their site, but nothing on there about the special.

I'll have to look it up on CorvettForum. Basically, it was 10k shipped for a 408ci Callies/Diamond set-up with your choice of heads and cam.

Okay all! This LS1 rotating assembly sale will run for ONE WEEK ONLY! Your choice of 383, 408, or 427! Sorry, no substitutions or custom orders for this sale.

Comes with:

Crank

Rods

Federal Mogul Main Bearings

Clevite Rod Bearings

Diamond Pistons/Pins

Diamond Rings

Prices:

Using Eagle Crank and Rods - $2,099

Using Callies Crank and Rods - $2,999

Shipping varies depending on location.

All you have to do is give us a call here at AP Engineering to get a set sent out to you! Remember, this ends Friday, August 6th at 5:00 pm EST!

This was the latest, "deal-of-the-week"

:eek::thumbs:

Let's see....

Flowers: 1800FLOWERS ... Check.

Candy: Local swiss chocolate store. Check.

Anyone know the number for Vermont Teddy-bears?

this must be the plan for the day before the parts show up... :flag:

:eek:  :thumbs:

Let's see....

Flowers:  1800FLOWERS ... Check.

Candy: Local swiss chocolate store.  Check.

Anyone know the number for Vermont Teddy-bears?

this must be the plan for the day before the parts show up... :flag:

Zippy's a smart man :D

Do you need a 408 stroker? No, probably not.

Do you want a 408 stroker? Of course you do.

My little plan seems to be back firing. Wasn't I supposed to just do forced induction and avoid all the piston pulling? :seeya:

Archived