Debadging

i've been considering debadging my SS. anyone tried it? i'd like to clean up the appearance a bit. can i get rid of the excess goo with a standard adhesive removerwithout damaging my paint? if anyone has done it can you post a pic / or could someone photoshop it? (no imagination)

the eaisest way to do it is to use like 17lb fishing line and get it between the SS and the door. a saw like motion will remove the badge but be careful of what you use to remove the excess ressidue. Alot of cleaners out there for glue removal will haze the paint badly.

Use a heat gun to soften the adhesive and then peel the badges right off. Peel the larger pieces of sticky tape off by rolling your thumb over it and then use goo gone to remove the remaining sticky stuff. Wax it...and your done. :thumbs:

the eaisest way to do it is to use like 17lb fishing line and get it between the SS and the door. a saw like motion will remove the badge but be careful of what you use to remove the excess ressidue. Alot of cleaners out there for glue removal will haze the paint badly.

:withstupid:

:withstupid:

The logo is something on this trucks that sets it apart from the rest of the pack (not to mention the clones!) But, its your truck and you have the right to do whatever you want.

BTW: best way I've found to remove the 'goo' left after you get the badges off is WD40. Spry it on, let it set for minute and then wipe off w/ a damp cloth. It might take a couple of applications, but I'll come off and then all you need to do is wash and wax to get rid of the oily smudges left by the WD40.

I've done it to evey single vehicle I've owned up untill the SS, its a pretty effective 'goo' removal meathod. :thumbs:

...hey Lee where'd you get your supercharger badges?

I got mine through a friend of a friend who got me a deal. You can also get the same thing on eBay. Here is just one of the sites. There are many. Link

18387.jpg

Archived