Fs: 2003 Silverado Ss

Krambo

• 5 months later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Here is the story: I demod'd back to stock and sold off all of the parts. I threw in a stock LQ9 however a ring on #4 let go at start-up and the piston crumbled into the pan. I sold it, not running, locally to a young guy that slapped a new engine in it and had it on the street in like 3 days. He should be pleased with his investment and the overall condition of the truck. By returning it to stock, selling off the parts and ultimately selling the truck, I made more than my original asking price. The only downfall was the labor involved (but I enjoy the wrenching). Man was I pissed when #4let go at start-up. I was considering a new build at that point and keeping the truck!

As for the buyer - I let him know of the site so maybe he will stop on over and do a build thread. We casually discussed a cam/converter/intake build so I am sure he will be "enhancing" his new SSS in the future. Good guy and obviously a wrencher.

Happy for you on the sale, but sad to see it go, your truck and Chase's truck inspired a lot of us bro

Very true. Haha ive been following "the greats" for awhile. Sad to see them go, but on to a new project i suppose. Glad to hear you got a good chunk of change for her. I read back over your build specs. Still amazes me that it was kickin over 600 NA Hp. Thats so awesome. Oh, and i was wondering, what was the badge on the bottom left of the tailgate?

Happy for you on the sale, but sad to see it go, your truck and Chase's truck inspired a lot of us bro

X 3. Lots of nice trucks being sold its sad. Great truck man hopefully ill be there one day