Powerdyne

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SCSSilverado yes sorry the question was for you.

I went through alot when I was going to get a supercharger on my truck. I also looked at Powerdyne. 1) PRICE $$$ 2) install. But I had a buddy also take them for the price and now the supercharger is sitting on the floor many problems, I mean alot.

I hope you dont have any problems.

GOOD LUCK !!!

Looks kick ass too

One more think I did not know that you have to remove the intake with the Kenne Bell??

Thanks for the link, BenKey. Those are the ones that Racetronix referred me to as well. My conflict here is that my Chevrolet dealer also called Racetronix and was told the injectors require modifications to the fuel rail and wiring harness because they are taller than the OEM injectors.

vdrumright, thanks for the reply. Could you confirm whether you had to modify anything to get the injectors to work? Are these the same injectors you used?: Part Number 17113739 (OE Part # 25176061)? The link to them at Racetronix is here.

Thanks again for the help.

extremes10, not sure if the question was directed to me or not, but I chose the Powerdyne for two reasons: (1) price and (2) bolt-on. I would like to have a kenne Bell, but don't want to void the warranty by removing the intake. I had a Powerdyne on my 2001 Silverado and it screamed.

Yes those are the injectors i ordered.

Injectors were plug and play on my SS.... :thumbs:

I went through alot when I was going to get a supercharger on my truck. I also looked at Powerdyne. 1) PRICE $$$ 2) install. But I had a buddy also take them for the price and now the supercharger is sitting on the floor many problems,  I mean alot.

GOOD LUCK !!!

Looks kick ass too

One more think I did not know that you have to remove the intake with the Kenne Bell??

Just out of curiousity, what kind of problems?

I dont see where there is ALOT to go wrong. Only two thing can be wrong. Either he smoked the bearings or broke a belt.

Did he replace the drive pulley? If so,what size did he replace it with?

Te first thing powerdyne told me was to not change the pulley. Doing so oversping the sc and wears out the bearings. The unit i bought is rated for 6psi with the stock pulley.

The common problem I found with the powerdyne units after doing alot of research is this. The problem is with the mentality of the people that bought a 6psi unit and put a 9-11 psi pulley on them or changed thei crank pulley. They are not rated for 9-11 psi and the minute they changed the pulley, they put their own sc bearings in jeopardy. Then most of them want to complain how they are broken and not admit that they abused them.

Every person that I have talked to that has left their stock pulley on has had no problems at all!!!!

Besides if you leave the stock pulley on I believe you get a 2 year warranty. Why would anyone want to void that?

Powerdyne makes higher boost units that cost more. If more boost is what you want, why not shell out the cash and buy one thats rated for it? Pony up and buy this Bad Boy.

I'm not infering that this is the case with your friend

I went through alot when I was going to get a supercharger on my truck. I also looked at Powerdyne. 1) PRICE $$$ 2) install. But I had a buddy also take them for the price and now the supercharger is sitting on the floor many problems,  I mean alot.

GOOD LUCK !!!

Looks kick ass too

I dont see where there is ALOT to go wrong. Only two thing can be wrong. Either he smoked the bearings or broke a belt.

Te first thing powerdyne told me was to not change the pulley. Doing so oversping the sc and wears out the bearings. The unit i bought is rated for 6psi with the stock pulley.

The common problem I found with the powerdyne units after doing alot of research is this. The problem is with the mentality of the people that bought a 6psi unit and put a 9-11 psi pulley on them or changed thei crank pulley. They are not rated for 9-11 psi and the minute they changed the pulley, they put their own sc bearings in jeopardy. Then most of them want to complain how they are broken and not admit that they abused them.

Every person that I have talked to that has left their stock pulley on has had no problems at all!!!!

Besides if you leave the stock pulley on I believe you get a 2 year warranty. Why would anyone want to void that?

Powerdyne makes higher boost units that cost more. If more boost is what you want, why not shell out the cash and buy one thats rated for it? Pony up and buy this Bad Boy.

ok now I'm going to call him and ask what happend I'll get back with you later on

GOOD LUCK !!!

Looks kick ass too

ok now I'm going to call him and ask what happend I'll get back with you later on

Ok one thing that I want you to make sure and understand that I'm going to get into who, what, when anything on who makes a better superchager, company, HP nothing everyone buys what they want. That's why I asked you why you got the S.C

From what he told me is that since he got it. Problems.

1. 3 months after the install the bearings went out. " NO he did not remove the pulley he does not even know what a air filter does "

2. 2 months after P.D fixed it agian bearings broke.

3. Once more sent back to P.D and they give him a new Superchager everything new. agian bearings broke and belt.

4. 3 months went by and the S.C locked and he sends it back to P.D and they said he replaced the pulley and void his warranty. But the other times they never told him anything about the pulley and now after the 3 time they won't fix it.

So I asked him what he's doing now and removed the S.C. and going to take P.D to court and take legal action. " New to me since I have not talked with him until now ".

So maybe things have changed from 2 years ago.

:seeya::seeya::seeya:

I guess I should note that the bearings in my previous PD did go out once. The cause was a result of my failure to reconnect the PVC hose to the air cleaner box one day after I had changed the filter. It was my fault but PD worked a deal with me on the repair. Aside from that, I put about 55,000 miles on the charger without any problems. I never changed the pulley either.

Thanks again, vdrumright, for pointing me in the right direction. I can't wait to get my SSS boosted!

I want to clarify one thing. My sc choice was a price based decision only. I found what was available for what I wanted to spend.

Do I think it's better than a radix, vortec, or Pro charger? Hell no. These sc's are in a class above the powerdyne. I actually was gonna buy a used radix unit, but when the deal never materialized, I made the decision to go with the powerdyne. Once I get the boost gauge installed I will know if this kit performs as promised. Also, I plan on a dyno run in the future.

Am I satisifed that I got a 6psi sc, 42lbs injectors, high flow walbro fuel pump and tune for less than any sc in it's class ( wymjammer) Hell Yes.

I'm not personally attacking the guy that put the wynjammer kit on, but in comparison I think the wynjammer kit looks cheap and doesn't have the eye apeal that the powerdyne kit has. Driving it off the altenator looks like an afterthought to me. On the other hand, if it delivers the performance he was looking for then it's a good product....But thats just my opinion.

Everyone makes choices based on different reasons. The most important thing is that each person should stand behind their decision and take other peoples opinions weather they be right, wrong , or indifferent, with a grain of salt.

Vince

it' should be pointed out that even a procharger which is thought of to be the best supercharger head unit made has to be maintained once a year roughly. if you have to put new bearings and a new belt in the supercharger once a year, not so bad i'd guess.

vdrumright, I've got the Powerdyne bolted on (had to modify the air tube to clear the throttle body's throttle position sensor) and the injectors installed. I'm just waiting on the programmer. The programmer is coming from Florida, so it may be a few days due to the weather. Anyway, I don't see a good place to hook up the vacuum line to for the blow-by valve. Where did you hook yours up to?

Brent

I'm not vince but it might help. For my procharger there is a nipple that you literally twist off of the black plastic manifold. It is located on the back half of the passenger side of the manifold. Simply twist the tab off, and hook up your vacuum line.

Good luck :seeya:

Use the 4 way connector that the kit came with and splice into the vacum line that goes to the fuel pressure regulator. Did you install the FMU? If so, then you know which vacum line I'm talking about. Since I didnt install it I use a t fitting inline with the fuel pressure regulator.

Archived