Motor is in!!

Well, got it all in - finally. Got everything hooked up and wanted to give a turn, without the coils hooked up, to get some oil pumped through a little. A rec. by my engine builder. Anyway, when I tried to turn it over, nothing happened.

Not entirely true. First of all, all the lights worked, the remote, didn't attempt the stereo, but I think it would have worked fine also. I turned the key, I hear the fuel system charge and my pumps hum, a good sign since I have done a lot in that area (injectors, new injector harnesses, new dual fuel pumps). Turned the key to the start position and the headlights go out and nothing happens.

It was getting late and I called it quits for the night. I am almost certain that I have an electrical/ignition problem somewhere. Or, a ground. I briefly checked thins and could not find anything blaringly wrong.

I will start tomorrow with pulling the starter and making sure it's okay.

I have a feeling it's something easy. What do you guys think?

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, got it all in - finally.  Got everything hooked up and wanted to give a turn, without the coils hooked up,

I have a feeling it's something easy.  What do you guys think?

maybe the pcm is checking if the coils are there before it gives ok to start?

Modern cars have there one way of thinking.

PICS, please :jester:

Found a blown IGN fuse. A 40A one. There is a IGN A & B fuses. Not a standard fuse, one of the small box fuses. It turns over now. Just need to finish putting on the exhaust and load a tune and I'll be set to crank. Hopefully, I'll be finished today. Got some other family stuff to do also - first.

Found a blown IGN fuse. A 40A one. There is a IGN A & B fuses. Not a standard fuse, one of the small box fuses. It turns over now. Just need to finish putting on the exhaust and load a tune and I'll be set to crank. Hopefully, I'll be finished today. Got some other family stuff to do also - first.

NOOOOOOOOOO Families are worthless get it done ben!!! I waqnt to se a video clip and lots of pictures!!! if u need any help hosting them send me a PM or and E-mail [email protected] :thumbs:

Archived