Motor is in!!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Sounds great Ben. :thumbs: Glad to here the problems have been worked out. Good luck getting it tuned right.

Bosco has been gaurding the turbo box. He was asleep in it yesterday. I still need him for that. So far the box has just been a kitty playground.

Bout time Ben, glad to hear your are finally up and running. :thumbs:

I will have to arrange a TAD down to P-Cola soon to get a ride in that beast.

I myself have not been putting much time in the truck lately, just spend about a grand on new golf clubs. Not to mention $300 on a new softball bat a couple weeks ago. I guess I can only afford 1 hobby at a time. Not to worry though, I have about 3/4 of the money saved up for that 408 rotating assembly. The new 6.0 block has been sitting in a crate in the garage for about 3 months.

Again glad to hear the truck is alive. Now get that thing tuned and to the track.

Sounds great Ben. :thumbs:  Glad to here the problems have been worked out.  Good luck getting it tuned right.

Bosco has been gaurding the turbo box. He was asleep in it yesterday. I still need him for that. So far the box has just been a kitty playground.

You need to keep Bosco out of that expensive stuff.

Glad you git it running. Get that tuning done. What are the tuning issues?

Sounds great Ben. :thumbs:   Glad to here the problems have been worked out.  Good luck getting it tuned right.

You need to keep Bosco out of that expensive stuff.

Glad you git it running. Get that tuning done. What are the tuning issues?

:withstupid: Make sure he's not using any of the hoses as a scratching post. :eek:

Tuning issues? :confused: What's up?

What are the tuning issues?

Typical big cam stuff, for one. Fueling being the biggest right now. Running pig rich at part throttle. 60lb injectors don't help much running at 60psi. Timing is stock. Definitely could be bumped up some. Decent down low, but a dog up top. 9:1 CR doesn't help, I know.

It'll come, just need to get some more logging done. Still working with Allen to get it tuned.

Heh -- I think we'll be lucky to see Ben for a few days after it turns over. After all, he's got to get that motor broken in so he can install the turbo!! Not to mention he'll be cruising around with a 408... :cheers:

Most Honerable Master Ben

Glad to hear you are getting things complete. :cheers:

When its done it will be a wild ride.

Well.....I looked at it like this - a motor hanging on a chain, hanging from a cherry picker, just looked a little boring. If it had been powder coated Arrival Blue, which incidently was the plan before I had to buy a new block, then for sure, pics would have been up. Other than that, looks just like your motor on the outside. I did do pics of the internals.

So....get over it. :devil:

Archived