Launch Suggestions

holdenhunt

Ok guys so tomorow the track opens up and I am going to run the SS for the first time. I recently did a cam swap, a 222/224 and had it tuned to run on the stock converter. I know my launches are gona suck but what is the best way to maximize what I already have? What would be the best way to launch?

I believe putting the transmission in 3 or D were the best launching applications. This was discussed not too long ago, might want to dig deeper in this certain section.

Edit - heres the link, it was in the strip section, however with you having a different cam and stock tune, Im not sure what results you can expect...

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/70565-launching/

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

I believe putting the transmission in 3 or D were the best launching applications. This was discussed not too long ago, might want to dig deeper in this certain section.

Edit - heres the link, it was in the strip section, however with you having a different cam and stock tune, Im not sure what results you can expect...

http://www.silverado...0565-launching/

Sounds like the consensus of that thread was to launch from an idle and in D or 3rd like you mentioned to get the best 60 foot time. LOL he mentioned he had it tuned though just fyi....

When it comes to a stock converter with that cam it will really be a matter of finding the sweet spot. Try a run leaving from idle, 1200rpm and one holding it back at wide open or as close to it as you can get it. I'm guessing idle or 1200rpm will be your best launch.