2005 Dodge Ram SRT-10 Quad Cab

I CORNER

I just saw on Autoweek television last night that Dodge is making the Ram SRT-10 in a Quad-Cab variant. While the current Ram SRT-10 is a great looking truck with great excess horsepower, the regular cab and 6 speed were totally impractical.

Looks like the Quad Cab SRT-10 is aimed directly at us, as the Ford Harley Davidson truck is only made in HD diesel configuration for now. I think I could enjoy owning 1 of these!

Also, Autoweek indicated that the Dodge Ram with Hemi were getting a horsepower boost to the 385hp range, which should also give them a slight edge over the SSS in 4-door configurations.

I have heard nothing from Chevy. Is Chevy asleep at the wheel or what?

Rick R

I have heard nothing from Chevy.  Is Chevy asleep at the wheel or what?

Rick R

Nothing new from the bowtie boys...

I'm a die-hard GM man, but its just disgusting to know that they could produce anything that they wanted....

and DONT...

The general public wants big numbers, GM is capable

but seldomly does it..

Dodge is producing that "power wagon" a 4X4 with some big tires based on a 3/4 ton chassis, that will probably help them sell more trucks also...

the Chevrolet dealers around here are EXTREMELY competitive, so it seems like every tom-dick-and harry has a chevy truck, but all the damn things are the same..

GM... can we get some specialty vehicles???

well the real reason, if you ask me, why the bowtie gusy arnt doin nething about the silverado is because of all these new cars commin out and all the redesigns. this aveo, the c6 vette, new malibu, no more cavalier, exuinox. they might have another roadster...i think? this whole ls2 and ls7 engine thing....dont woory, wehn all this blows over i becha well have something nice, cause chevy is concentrating on getting these cars sold more than they are concerned about the performance aspect of a truck....as far as there concerned the truck is good enough to sell as it is untill they can tweek it in a few model years....maybe their gunna do the cars this year, and next year will be they year of the truck. i KNOW for a fact they have the tahoe ss equinox ss commin out, not to mention the cobalt ss (which is replacing the cavalier) and their trying to revive a camaro or chevelle platform, so i think they have something up there sleeves when the tahoe and eq. ss comes out theirs gunna be some bubblin in the silverado area too.

Archived