Another Ss Is Dead :(

jm3907

Keep your head up bro, you weren't seriously injured, that's all that matters right now, get healed up go to the doc for any little pain, hell ass rape his ins company for all we care. Your next truck will be your new baby!!

Case in point, I used to own a badass 96 Z28, put my blood sweat and tears into over the 7 years I owned it, made a little over 1000hp when it was totaled. A girl I was dating at the time thought it would be a good idea to take for a joy ride when I was away at work. Needless to say she was fine, the car was a total loss, I never thought i'd find anything to replace her, 5 years later I found the SSS, gotta say it cured me. What i'm trying to say is you will find another vehicle to fill the void, whether it be an SSS or not. Just concentrate on your health...

Here's my old car......

pictures012-1.jpg

Edited by SilverBulletSS (see edit history)

That sucks to hear / see this. What people say is true about trucks being replaceable and whatnot but knowing my temper I would have gotten out and beaten the bastard that hit me into another dimention...:smash:

Edited by rroutlaw (see edit history)

Hopefully everything works out. Neck is really bugging me now just waiting on that damn police report to call his insurance. I couldn't get the insurance number cuz the cop kept saying everything will be on the police report.

Well If your truck is totaled there is a nice 06 black SSS about 30 miles from me on autotrader with low miles around 30k I think and its around 21k asking price if I remember correctly. Zip code is 52722 if you wanna check it out.

Well If your truck is totaled there is a nice 06 black SSS about 30 miles from me on autotrader with low miles around 30k I think and its around 21k asking price if I remember correctly. Zip code is 52722 if you wanna check it out.

Thanks but I doubt the insurance will get me a number close to that :( this sucks balls man. All this cuz some stupid ass wasn't paying attention to the road.

Thanks but I doubt the insurance will get me a number close to that :( this sucks balls man. All this cuz some stupid ass wasn't paying attention to the road.

Was prob texting...I pull up next to people and tell em to put the damn phone down before they hit someone.:angry:

Since im going thru the same thing, The ladys insurance that hit me told me most all insurance companies use NADA to get the value of a vehicle. Make sure you put in your mileage as if its above a certain amount for that year they will deduct money from what your vehicle is worth.. For example.. I had 141,000 on my 04, they deducted 1,200 from me. that will atleast give you a idea of what its worth and what they will offer you.

Since im going thru the same thing, The ladys insurance that hit me told me most all insurance companies use NADA to get the value of a vehicle. Make sure you put in your mileage as if its above a certain amount for that year they will deduct money from what your vehicle is worth.. For example.. I had 141,000 on my 04, they deducted 1,200 from me. that will atleast give you a idea of what its worth and what they will offer you.

Just checked out the site but it says about ordering a package. If you don't mind what are they offering you? And is there any leverage considering its an ss?

With my truck being an 04 with 141,xxx on it and having every option available, there first offer was $14,775. But they added in my sales tax and license plates on top of that to total 15,800. They do that to have you think you are getting more than you are. Also the other guys insurance might tell you, you have 30 days form the date of the accidnet toaccept ther eoffer otherwise you forfeit the offer and you get what they give you. Thats BS. You have 5 years to accept a offer from them, they tried to use that to bully me so they could pay less and make you think you might get less than they origianlly offered you. Im actually only getting $14,775. The plates and tax dont go along with what my truck is worth. NADA says my truck is worth $16,500 with the trailing options and my bed cover.

You might have to fight for it. Since it wasnt your fault, anything you repaired on the truck or added should be paid for by the other guys insurance company as well since it wasnt your fault.

I would get a lawyer, its so much easier than hurting, having all the bills come in and you worrying on whats going to happen with your truck etc etc. I was going nuts and constanyl worried about this and that. A lawyer will do all this for you and get you what you deserve and what your truck is worth.

How many miles and what options did you have? I can check for you if you like on what NADA says its worth.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

It was fully loaded with a bed cover. Only thing missing was a sunroof and onstar other than that everything was electric and so on, it had 81000 miles on it. And I had just boughten $100 worth of leds :( know how much its worth anyone?

It was fully loaded with a bed cover. Only thing missing was a sunroof and onstar other than that everything was electric and so on, it had 81000 miles on it. And I had just boughten $100 worth of leds :( know how much its worth anyone?

With those LEDs if they were just installed you can take those out if its not a pain. Or leave them in and the other guys insurance will have to pay for those. Per what My lawyer has told me. make sure you get asll your reciepts for anything you just replaced on the truck within the last few months.

From personal experience, if your having neck pain now, you need to be seriously worried about the future. After 10 years of misdiagnoses my case is being reopened and all its not going to be pretty for the hospital, ER dr and others. I cannot be fixed regarding shoulder, elbow, wrist and major neck issues. Make sure you are taking care of, every t crossed and every i dotted buddy. I wouldnt wish my issues on my worst enemy. :chevrolet:

edit-I was also bullied into a settlement when I had a grade 5 concussion and told them I was too confused. I did settle, but now its a whole new ballgame with my new diagnoses the hospital should have done and complete negligence. Fellow MA owners will probably hear me in the news. :shakehead:

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)