Suggestions for selling the SS

ctrow

So far I've done the truck trader and only gotten 3 calls so far in 3 weeks time. I'm tempted to put it on ebay but with the costs of putting it on there plus the % you have to pay ebay, I'm not for sure what's the best way to do it.

I have it listed at $28,995 but the lowest I'd go right now would be $28,000. I'm going to be under on it either way which I'll pay off in the next few months.

I've been hesitant to list it on here because everyone here knows how much a new one could be had.

I'm open to ideas. Thanks. :rolleyes:

As soon as the last of the 04's are gone (although that might take awhile) it shouldn't be to hard to compete in price then. No one will be buying a 05' for under 33-35k because all of the incentives will be gone till next summer.

As for a brand new truck for 28k. Even with all incentives, that's not leaving the dealer much profit at all, if any.

As soon as the last of the 04's are gone (although that might take awhile) it shouldn't be to hard to compete in price then. No one will be buying a 05' for under 33-35k because all of the incentives will be gone till next summer.

As for a brand new truck for 28k. Even with all incentives, that's not leaving the dealer much profit at all, if any.

:withstupid:

i'm not sure what seems to be the deal with selling these trucks. you'd think they'd sell easy having the awd and 6.0, but they are just about impossible to sell. unfortunatly, i don't think ebay is going to do it for you either.

I guess I'll just keep paying on it and driving it. I'd like to sell it with some warranty still left on it though. I hope the theory on the 05's coming out will help things out.

I've looked at some the ebay bids that have ended and they were really low balled. I guess when the time is right, it'll happen. Until then, Happy SS'in :thumbs:

I've looked at some the ebay bids that have ended and they were really low balled. I guess when the time is right, it'll happen. Until then, Happy SS'in :thumbs:

That's it exactly. This is a specialty truck - not a regular 'work truck' that would sell in a heartbeat to just about anyone. It takes someone with a certain kind of taste to want something like an SS (or a Lightning or SRT-10 for that matter). These types of buyers are fewer and farther between, but I bet when you get one, you will get what you want for it. :thumbs:

Hmm, put it on blocks and sell it in 30 years as a Collector!

Lol sorry chevy pretty much crushed that one by making tons of them. In a 50 mile radius search around me in mass ive found atleast 15-20 03 and 04 for sale.

Right now the going rate around here for these trucks are around 28-30k with around 10 to 15 thousand miles on them.That is also at dealership prices and without any haggling with them.Depending on what your mileage is and what shape its in you shouldnt have to much problems getting 27-28k for it.

So far looking around at these trucks it is a waste to buy one new the 04 i looked at had 15,900 miles on it line-xed bed and hard top tonnuo cover loaded for 29k and could get atleast 2,000 to 2,500 knocked of the price.So for 27k you can own a 42k sticker priced truck take that extra 6 to 7 grand vs. buying new get extd. warranty to 100k and still be 4-5k richer in the wallet. :cheers:

If you don't mind me asking.... why are you selling it???

Priorities, I want to get my debt to income as low as possible so I can buy a house. Plus I know once I get in a house(first time buyer) I'll be spending on furniture, remodeling, landscaping, etc. Plus I could pay more on my school loans and get them knocked out sooner.

Trust me, I don't want to sell it at all. Just need to do some other things.

And forget about selling the bike. It saves me enough in gas to pay for itself. :thumbs:

• 4 weeks later...

I just bought an 03 with 12K on it for 26.5 from a local Chevy dealer w/remaining warranty until 11/06.... i thought i did very well but i am not planning on selling it for a long time. it is 100% bone stock with no add on's anywhere but it has every option from XM on down.

they sold it to me for that price becuase they had it on the lot for almost a month... i was intitially looking for a 1500 Z71 used... but i got the SS for the same cost..... and i own an( 650 RWHP) Electron blue Z06 that would look real nice on an aluminum trailer going to the track... so i scored... AND the wife LOVES IT!!

Be patient and Good Luck with your sale :seeya:

Archived