mwalls54 and hank: I'm gunnin for ya this sat!

F8L Z71

Well my runs sucked and I kept blowing intake tubes off and I'm down about 3-5mph form 2 weeks ago so now you guys can laugh. :(

*Copy and paste from LS1Tech*

My times were not the greatest but about what I expected after my lastest testing on the G-Timer. Seems I am about 3-5mph lower on both the G-Timer and the track than what I was 2 weeks ago. I'll figure out what's up and get back there as soon as I can. I just wish I hadn't dicked with the intake piping after I picked it up from the shop or I might not have keep popping tubes last night. :mad:

Anyway, thanks to Vojto I got some pretty neat footage of a 4wd launch gone wrong. Thx bro.

4WD launch at 8psi. Hard to see in the video but I swear tires were bouncing off the ground. Even people at the track thought the tires were lifting, only instead of both at once it was more like one at a time, alternating. :eek: LOL

Buckin 4x4!

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow, all of these hard 4WD launches look so hard on the drivetrain, much like axle hop.  :(  Wish I had that problem,  ;)

It was hard on the interior too. All my crap when flying out of every nook and cranny it was hiding in. :crazy:

I'm told I just need to crank down the torsion bars and drop it and inch and a half and it will all go away. :)

Thx mate, my best of the night was a [email protected] best mph was 104.9 so I assume something is wrong and taking timing out.

Not sure but I think by lowering the front end it keeps me from maxing out the suspension as fast and keeps the front tires from cambering in so bad and hopfully keeps on em on the ground LOL

Thx mate, my best of the night was a [email protected]  best mph was 104.9 so I assume something is wrong and taking timing out.

Not sure but I think by lowering the front end it keeps me from maxing out the suspension as fast and keeps the front tires from cambering in so bad and hopfully keeps on em on the ground LOL

Do you log your runs?

Thx Zippy. I guess I am just upset that I am losing MPH somewhere and I don't know why. I am gonn apull the plugs after work tomorrow and see how they look.

The 2 best 60's were 1.84/1.85 the rest were in the 2.0-2.2 range. It seems that if I don't get at least 5psi on launch it will bog and take forever to spool up due to this big turbo (big for my 5.3L). Seems 6psi is perfect for a smooth launch. Anything higher than that sends the truck prancing down the track and a crap 60' like the first one in the video (2.0). The 2nd launch was the 1.84 60' and 7.99 1/8th mile.

Archived