mwalls54 and hank: I'm gunnin for ya this sat!

F8L Z71

I got the turbo running and although I am not ready to try and max it out yet I still think I may get close enough to join your ranks of "those fast ass full size trucks" at Sac Raceway :)

I'm going to try and get my wastegate/boost problem fixed tomorrow and if all goes well I'm hoping for mid 12s on sat. night . Better watch out ofr us 5.3L 4x4s :P

Just so this doesn't get moved I'll be suree to post up my new times from Sat. night as soon as I get em ;)

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zippy, yup, th trans is stock except for a shift kit. :(

Erik, After installing the IC the waste gate has a hard time keeping boost constant due to the pressure drop and as such I fluctuate from 13 to 11pi and hit spikes of 15 for s split second. I don't like to run it this way and want to keep everything constant so I am running a vacume line to the front of the truck to keep things consistant. Rick at Synergy already did this and said it works great. I'll try it out and let you know. :)

Tranny stripped!!  How much would that cost to replace?

well it cost me $200 not counting labor from my buddy and pal just to get used parts to get it running. i think just replacement parts that will hold up will cost around $300 and i have to get some more clutches. then i hope it will last for a while.

Archived