hurricane is comming,,,,

ted gerlach

well i am all boarded up, sand baged and almost ready, i rented a 10x30 storague unit firther inland just for the silverado ss as well as the new push mower i bought and my kids bicycles, also moved my 24 foot inclosed trailer full of mostly 3rd gen camaro and firebird parts and my solid deck car trailer with a 91 z28 on it also over to an rv spot, its worth a shot to try and not looses everything i have, have some pic's of the house and what had to say behind, but still get file to big error message,

last rain storm dumpped 7 inchs of rain in 3 hours i got 4 feet of water in the street and totaled out a 98 trans am with 8 inches of water in it, water was to the frame on the 08 gmc 2500hd i had at the time,

Best of luck, Ted. I am on the east coast of North Carolina.

The wind blew to 35 or 40 all day yesterday and we've gotten several inches of rain and it is still raining and blowing this morning.

I spent Saturday in my Girlfriend's barn smoking a rack of spare-ribs.

For us the storm is more a pain the ... than a real threat but I sure feel for all the folks in the north east.

Battering down the hatches in MA. I love storms, just hope we get slammed with snow.

I remember Hurricane Andrew a little bit, I was tiny and was told "Dont go outside or you'll blow away in the wind." And Im use to walkin on the top of Mt. Washington!

Its pretty crazy we have a hurricane and snowstorm watch, and theirs an earthquake in Canada, Tsunami in Hawaii....whats next, Solar Flares!?

We are in a state of emergency here on Long Island, schools are closed tomorrow, mass transit shut down at 7pm, and all airports are closed. Low lying areas near the south shore are under mandatory evacuation, and our barrier islands were evacuated completely this afternoon. Several local hospitals in the flood zone are evacuating too. We are expecting hurricane force winds in excess of 70mph and a storm surge of 6-12 feet, with waves to 25 feet. We have areas taking on water already and the storm is still several hundred miles away. They are saying that this will be one of the worst storms we have ever had, and it isnt even making landfall anywhere near us. :uhoh:

state of emergency here... the SS is in the garage and i left the camaro at work in the garage LOL. the hummer can handle the weather i think. severe flood / wind warnings for bergen county. were supposed to get the real hit monday night into tuesday morning there talking 70 mph winds. so im either gonna spend the day running calls with the FD or bumming it up at my GF's house watching movies. hmmm tough choices haha

Best of luck to you guys in the North East.

I'm on the part of North Carolina that sticks out in the ocean like a sore thumb and have been through a lot of hurricanes but this one looks bad for the densely populated areas up there.

Stay alert and go easy on the hurricane party's.

Woo Hoo (insert sarcasm here) ... Ordered in for Mandatory 16hr days!!!! Three if not four days worth!!!

Got a wife with pneumonia and a son who's developed a cough ... And I have to go to work and babysit people who can't follow simple storm preping instructions.

Fingers crossed we keep power.