hurricane is comming,,,,

ted gerlach

Damn Rock, I know exactly where that is. Hope your parents are safe brother, I'm pretty close to that area (Just north of Dover) if I can help let me know, I have a big house with plenty of room.

Thank you sir!! My parents are with me in the Philly area.

Its 1918 hrs, and the rain is finally here and the Wind is picking up considerably ...

I'm closing down one of the main roads of my town right now. I have Trees and Wires down for about a 100 yard stretch.

My Cruiser is rocking from side to side like a ragdoll, as I sit here waiting for the State Highway Dept and National Grid electric to show up.

I'm on from 3pm to 7am ... 16 hrs of sheer fun ... :thumbs:

I have to say, vehicle traffic has been minimal. Think people finally listened to stay home ... LOL ...

Wish Us Luck ...

Good luck guys I have been in your position alot. Hopefully it doesn't get much worse but I have a feeling your gonna get alot of water. Hopefully it gets out of there pretty quick. GL

Peak wind gusts 85-90 mph, I heard they were sustained gusts which is even more nuts considering were not in the center of it. I was watching the clouds move southwest earlier and they were moving the fastest I have ever seen out of my 15 years in landscaping, construction and snow removal. Lights flickered a couple times but no outages yet here. Ive heard about 600,000 are out of power in the state, the number rises every hour by about 2,000-150,000 (at one point in the early afternoon their was only 150,000 out of power, 45 minutes later it was over 300,000).

High tide is just finishing up in certain parts of the state and a lot are on watchout for the tide around 1am around Westport, MA.

I have to admit I love this weather.

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

Its 1918 hrs, and the rain is finally here and the Wind is picking up considerably ...

I'm closing down one of the main roads of my town right now. I have Trees and Wires down for about a 100 yard stretch.

My Cruiser is rocking from side to side like a ragdoll, as I sit here waiting for the State Highway Dept and National Grid electric to show up.

I'm on from 3pm to 7am ... 16 hrs of sheer fun ... :thumbs:

I have to say, vehicle traffic has been minimal. Think people finally listened to stay home ... LOL ...

Wish Us Luck ...

It's good to hear that folks are showing some common sense and staying home.

Good luck and be careful out there, Shaun. Hope your wife and son are doing O.K.