New sub! Figured I'd share.

Bummer man. Yeah I played with the idea of using those threaded deals for my subs too. Didn't feel like drilling out the baskets to make them work so I just went with screws. My box has started to come apart at a corner. So sometime soon I need to pull it all out and fiberglass it( it was the last panel so it didn't get glassed). See if that fixes my issues.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering what you were going to do for the sides. That's looking awesome man. That roof shaking all to hell? I'm guessing so if it ripped that box up. FYI, ill never take a headliner down again.

What you running for mids/highs?

Sent from Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Haha headliner was an SOB huh. Umm yeah it vibrates too much. Everything does. I run my Sub at -12 for normal daily listening. The Only thing I have are a pair of crescendo 6.5's. other than that its all Bose. I might not install the crescendo mids. I want to do all Rockford mids and hi's. and I was thinking instead of building a new box if you are pleased with the one you have just add another layer of MDF

Only issue with adding is I made the speakers recess. So I would have to add a piece on the inside. :(

Then my whole port/volume would be off. Live and learn I guess. Think I'm going to just fill and turn the speakers. I guess no1 will see it so its not the end of the world.

Edited by TampaVmax (see edit history)

When they are in stock. Bastards have been out of stock since 2012... They say that the shipment will be in by the end of this week. Hopefully next weekend ill be running active. Never done it before but seems simple enough. High pass the tweets at 3500. Low pass the mids at 3500 and subsonic at 80.

Hope it will sound ok. Never heard pa stuff before.

I didn't know they were out of stock my buddy just ordered 16 pairs of mids and 20 pairs of the tweeters for his crazy build

Shit god damn. That's going to be loud. They have been out of stock for quite some time now. Suppose to have got the shipment today though.

• 2 weeks later...

That's a bummer man. I had to pull my box out to fix it. I fixed it and in the last couple minutes of it being out I managed to put two huge burn marks in my carpet. SMH. So now I wrapped it in vinyl. Not sure what I think of it.

I got a pair of morel maximos for 90 which is a steal but they can still be had for 130

Thanks but no thanks. Think I might dump a little extra and get some tantric hd components. Still undecided.