New sub! Figured I'd share.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't had time to do any carpet or what not the last 2 weeks so it still looks like the above pic. I did however just receive 40 sq ft of murdermat and will be deadening the hell out of that shaky roof and rear wall when I do remove everything to work on it. Got my crescendo pwx6s and ft1 tweets coming in next week also. It's going to be a full overhaul pretty much with removing everything again. Not to excited but it should sound good when done.

Going to hop on it the weekend after easter.

Defiantly will take a couple pics and an overall for an update. Thinking about switching it up and selling the amp and subs and upgrading to a bc5500 and some sp4s or tantrics down the road. This will come later though. Once finished it will be a clean drop in if I ever switch.

Sent from Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Edited by TampaVmax (see edit history)

Sounds like you have a plan. So far my plan still consists of finding materials. On a positive note I did find a sheep of 1" MDF at my shop. So I know what I am using for the face and back of my box. With all the scraps I almost have enough for a while box. I'm also curious to see where you stand on the meter. And do you use term lab when you meter?

I don't have a meter and never even metered before. As much as I want to, I just don't think its all that loud. Maybe I just got used to it. It gets in your ears sometimes but it doesn't seem like its 145...maybe, just maybe 140. I need to find someone local with a termlab to see what's good. I heard that even if it doesn't seem uncomfortable it can still do decent on the meter.

Said f*** it and got home today, took the headliner out and started tossing a little murder mat on the roof. Only did 2 sheets so far and wow its defiantly a thud and not sheet metal on the spot I put it. Not sure if I should go ahead and do full coverage or just 60, 70, or 80%.

u5agehu7.jpg

Little 26hz flex. Not much but something!

http://s656.photobucket.com/albums/uu284/cb2big4u/?action=view&current=VIDEO0058-0_zps85f493ce.mp4