New sub! Figured I'd share.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rcas run on passenger side of car and there is 0 electrical on that side. Not even factory. Grounds are 12-16 inches on each amp. Grounded in the same place. Even tried grounding my headunit to that same ground with no luck. I've chalked it up to be this retarded pioneer head unit as I hear they have insane problems with noise in rcas. Even tried a ground loop isolator with no result.

I hate shit like this.

Sent from Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Yeh it sucks. Most head units won't give issues. I always go with a pioneer and I've always had a problem with noise. After some research lately I cone to find out numerous people have this same issue they can't resolve and end up going with a different head unit. I will be trying to play with a few more things as far as grounding everything to the batt, ect..

O and pics of my new amp installed next to the other one. Would looke great if I didn't have that ground loop isolator in there. Needs to come out as its not doing anything. u6aqehuq.jpg

ajeneny5.jpg

qutezaju.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Replaced the optima with a xs power. Optima will be going in the back by the subs and then replaced with another xs. Building platform this weekend. Bye bye back seat.

ry9ugadu.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Just tossing an update on this. Built my platform. Still have to put the sides on it and building box now to house the 2 15s. Gonna be sweet. Going to clean up that hanging sub wire once the new box is in.

pyry8ega.jpg

asusypa5.jpg

yvyzyded.jpg

2ymamuha.jpg

reququsa.jpg

Looking good man! Making me jealous. I need MDF

Thanks! 30$ a sheet for mdf at home depot is kinda meh. I went with it anyway. Could have got some cabinet grade 11 ply for 25$ a sheet but the guy (cabinet man I know) said I would have to wait a couple weeks. Went with the mdf. 2 full sheets on that box and 1/2 sandply for the platform faces.

30$ you bastard lol it's like 48 up here. I am re-using my old platform I made for my wall. Thank god because I don't want to buy any more wood. But when Home Depot or lowes gets wood I will post some pics on my thread. Are you going to fiberglass the inside at all?

Nah, don't think its necessary for the power I'm running to them. 45ing the corners and that's about it. No extra bracing. Box is 7.5 cu ft net. Tuned to 33hz. 15 inch of port per foot. Port up, subs up, should be decent. :D

Defiantly wouldn't mind metering it. Not really shooting for a specific number. If I can hit a low to middle 140s I would be happy. For now lol... :ph34r:

Got it in for temp until this weekend when I get some carpet for it and bolts. God damn is this thing ****ing loud. No hair tricks but its moving some air. I'll post a vid this weekend. :)