New sub! Figured I'd share.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My subs arent even maxxed out and they are loud. my roof has a lot of flex. I wasn't really going for a super loud system. I was more going for looks at shows. I bet the cubic feet per subs is close to 3 to 3 1/2. mine is none ported. but still hits pretty hard. your should pound, only down fall is i dont have any back seat at all. which is a bummer sense I have a little one on the way. might make some changes. just so I can have him with in the SS. once he gets a bit older.

thats a common misconception that because a sub has a huge voice coil and large heavy magnet, its not going to play anything well just pound. i have found in my own cars and customers alike, one of the best responding subs we use is one of the largest (JL W7). thats going to hit hard in the little cab, and like Shawn said the roof flexes BAD with bass. i have two full layers of dynamat on it and mine still moves some. dont forget the pics of it installed :wink:

Put some felt on it and tossed in the truck to see how it fit. Almost made me want to take the back seat out already. I messed one of my sides up with the carpet and it came put funny but overall it looks decent. I'll take some pics when I rake it out the truck to put the sub in it.

My dumbass forgot that I need speaker wire to hook it up. I put the sub in the box and was going to screw it on and realized. Wait a second here. LOL

Dont mind the dirty inside. Baby needs a wash and vac.

5ytevade.jpg

Sent from Rezound using Tapatalk 2

Edited by TampaVmax (see edit history)

Yeah and you need to clean that shop :-p

Lol wood shops never stay clean. That's my grandpa's. He's got everything in that place.

I went over there to do this box and he said, "shop looks good doesn't it"? I was thinking....righhhttt... Haha

Got my sub amp a little sooner than expected. Found what I was looking for on a deal I couldn't pass up brand new. Here's some pics. Hopefully will have this running next weekend as I already ordered wire and rcas.

asu2eqez.jpg

jepy4yda.jpg

uvysugyn.jpg

Just did the big 3 with 0/1 gauge knukonceptz ofc. Didn't do shit for my alternator whine. Putting in new rcas for my 4ch amp this weekend. Going to use the 2ch set for my sub stage. Also will be running my head unit ground to battery or where the amp grounds in hopes to take away alternator whine. If all this doesn't fix it then I'm at a loss... :(