Thinking about buying a Silverado SS....

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome to the site. Nice camaro. I def wouldn't pay that but it is a nice truck. All I can say is you will love the SS everyone on this site that has one loves them. Heads turn when you pull up in one lol. GL finding one check the forsale section also.

Welcome. its a sharp looking truck for sure and looks as if something took great care of it. But I'm with everybody else seems and bit high on the price. I personally would offer $15500 and work from there/ people have to understand he's trying to sell a truck that gets 13-14 MPG when gas prices are through the roof. IMO small aftermarket stuff just don't jump the price up all that much. you can't ask retail for used parts. he will either want to move it or not. its all about a negotiation. there are built truck selling close to 18K around here. hell look at a few trucks on here. some have 10k plus in them and sell for close to this. good luck and keep us posted.

Thanks for all of the info guys! Really hope I can get this truck, but I don't want him to think I'm trying to lowball him or anything, just want to give him what it's worth plus some extra for the modifications. I sent him an email asking him what he'll take and this was his response:

"I can be a little flexible on the price but I think it would be best if you had a chance to look at it first before we negotiate to much about the price though. That way you can get a better idea of what you think it is worth. If you want to look at it I could meet you somewhere a little closer to you if that is easier"

So, we'll see......

BTW, I'll get some pictures of my magnacharged Camaro SS up soon!

I paid 18 even but mine was an 04 with only 53k miles with a lot of upgrades(magnacharger, dynatech LTs, and full catback exhaust) and that was at a dealer

Also that was over a year ago (Aug 2011)

Edited by xxssmaniacxx (see edit history)

I paid 18 even but mine was an 04 with only 53k miles with a lot of upgrades(magnacharger, dynatech LTs, and full catback exhaust) and that was at a dealer

Also that was over a year ago (Aug 2011)

how do you like your Maggie? How many lbs. of boost are you running?

Welcome Shawn. :cheers:

The truck looks pretty nice and,going by the description, sounds pretty good too.

All the other guys have covered most everything. Trouble with the front diff is very common. My truck had 43,000 miles on it when I got it and the front diff was "moaning" a little. Within 5,000 miles it needed bearings.

It's worth asking the seller if the diff has had repair work done yet.

If the seller will let you it might be worth taking it to a mech, or somewhere that you can drain the front diff and check out how bad the metal filings look on the magnetic drain plug. It cost me $1,100 to have mine rebuilt.

Try and get a feel for how the truck has been driven. The stock trans in these won't stand up to too much hard use / increased HP.

Good luck. I look forward to your Camaro pics.

how do you like your Maggie? How many lbs. of boost are you running?

I like it. I believe I'm running around 5-6lbs of boost but the tranny is stock so I don't really get on it too much till I put a stronger one in. But when I do get on it oh man you see all the people like WTF especially old ladies. Had this lady give me the finger once because I guess I scared her lol (gotta love that whine)

Edited by xxssmaniacxx (see edit history)

Nice looking truck, tasteful mods. I disagree with prices coming down. I flirted with selling my 03' last year. Listed it at $22,500, and had numerous offers in the $20,000 range. To be honest I just got cold feet, and haven't look back yet. My truck had 19k miles, and was 100% stock. Never a fan of low-ballers, but I'm sure it works for some. Good luck with your purchase, and great looking Camaro