some history and build progress of my Turbo 07 Silverado SS clone

ls2silvy

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the manifolds back from Pristine Powder coating, had them done in a Titanium Gray Ceramic coating, also got my custom plug wires made (I like Orange.....). Finally on to final assembly! Wrapped the downpipe and crossover this morning, next big hurdle is the heater hose routing....

30_zpsa108c8df.jpg

31_zpse26b62fd.jpg

34_zpse11ccaa7.jpg

32_zpsc5f96848.jpg

33_zps349f9040.jpg

36_zpsdda74d2a.jpg

37_zpsb4cf0ca9.jpg

28_zps74ee1034.jpg

35_zpsc1efee64.jpg

Super clean work.

Although not a fan of Taylor wires but nice either way. I like the heat boots most of all. Also the coating is a nice change from shiney or black. I like that a lot

Super clean work.

Although not a fan of Taylor wires but nice either way. I like the heat boots most of all. Also the coating is a nice change from shiney or black. I like that a lot

Thanks man, my uncle did hours of testing on resistance vs. length on bulk plug wire and taylor came in second to the Moroso wire but they didn't have Moroso wire in Orange lol. Hated the MSD's can never tell if they are fully seated or not, PITA to get on and off, do like how they can be bent though! I needed a 45 degree boot to clear the passenger side runners too!

Interesting

Im just the opposite on MSD's. I went through two sets of Taylors with them not wanting to come off the plug and ripping the boots off and not being on very long to boot. Second time I made sure to put a little more grease in the boots and same thing. Switched to MSD's and havnt looked back.

And yes the bendable boots are nice

Good luck with the build man, ill be watching

Very few times in my life I have been at a total loss for words... Wow.... awesome. Can't wait to see the dyno numbers on this

exactly. amazing quality of craftsmanship on this. keep it up. were all drooling

This is a great looking build. Love the headers n I see you pay alot of attention to detail and all I can say is hell of a job. I can't wait to do a build myself.

Interesting

Im just the opposite on MSD's. I went through two sets of Taylors with them not wanting to come off the plug and ripping the boots off and not being on very long to boot. Second time I made sure to put a little more grease in the boots and same thing. Switched to MSD's and havnt looked back.

And yes the bendable boots are nice

Good luck with the build man, ill be watching

I do see your point there, those taylors lock on pretty good, we'll see if I can tear them apart the first time they come off lol, that would piss me off.... Thanks man!

Very few times in my life I have been at a total loss for words... Wow.... awesome. Can't wait to see the dyno numbers on this

Thanks man! Not a big dyno number guy but im sure it will make it to a dyno at some point...

exactly. amazing quality of craftsmanship on this. keep it up. were all drooling

Thanks man, i'm drooling too, its been down for 2 years!

This is a great looking build. Love the headers n I see you pay alot of attention to detail and all I can say is hell of a job. I can't wait to do a build myself.

Thanks man!

Lovin' the header coating. Really looks great.

I assume that those are Taylor heat shield boot's?

Thanks man, yeah those are Taylor heat shields from Summitracing.

Just my experience and I share it cause when it broke it was after hours and I couldnt get another. Luckely I had a stock one to get me by but if you didnt you would be screwed. Also yours are orange compared to the red ones that are readily available on the shelves at parts stores