potato land build , 9's@140mph+ goal

idahoBLKss

You need to update with the new pics. This set up will rock your balls for sure. I will say "Do the hydroboost upgrade now!" You will need it for sure.

BTW that turbo is sexy, but she is gonna need some support,

Ill get some updated pics up in the next couple days. i should have all of the hot pipes tacked by tomorrow and ready for the tig . i had to buy some new tools to make this build happen . but i can say im really excited how its coming out! :devil:

Edited by idahoBLKss (see edit history)

is it fair to compair this set-up with chase's twins?? With the S475, I would guess the boost comes in totally different...I wont go into a two small straws vs one BIG ASS straw arguement :)

Another manifold I look at is the FWD 5.3's....talk about a funny (in a good way) looking thing.

Keep the pics coming and the progress, would love to see a 10 year old truck get some 9's

You need to run this bad boy in steps. Cause I want to see what the stock block can handle... You need to run high 10's then mid 10's then low 10's then high 9's.... Cause if you can do it and keep it stock bottom end I am totally going to be using you as my idol to get me in the mid 10's :)

is it fair to compair this set-up with chase's twins?? With the S475, I would guess the boost comes in totally different...I wont go into a two small straws vs one BIG ASS straw arguement :)

Another manifold I look at is the FWD 5.3's....talk about a funny (in a good way) looking thing.

Keep the pics coming and the progress, would love to see a 10 year old truck get some 9's

I dont think you can compare this to chases fully built bigger cubes twin build they both will react totally different I would think. I don't think I have ever seen a fwd5.3 manifold what did they come on?

:omg: wow! will the hood even close with that mounted there!!! impressive!!

it barely closes with maybe a half inch of clearance, lol

You need to run this bad boy in steps. Cause I want to see what the stock block can handle... You need to run high 10's then mid 10's then low 10's then high 9's.... Cause if you can do it and keep it stock bottom end I am totally going to be using you as my idol to get me in the mid 10's :)

well I wish the track up here was that forgiving but if they let me back on I'm sure I will only get one pass to put down a number since I'm not going to cage this thing. As far as running the stock block I think that's all I'm going to do I will not be putting a forged block in here . Only thing else I will be doing is head gaskets and head studs everything else will remain stock.

FWD 5.3 Impala's is the one on top of my head.

I'll see if I can find a pic on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Grand-Prix-Monte-Carlo-Impala-Rear-Exhaust-Manifold-LS4-/350477943373?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&fits=Model%3AImpala&hash=item519a1d024d&vxp=mtr#ht_602wt_904

it's like its begging to be converted to a turbo manifold!

Edited by detjoe (see edit history)

Build should be awesome and glad to see someone else taking a bite at single digits.

And from what I remember chase ran 18" nitto 555R's, and ran his best time on the vortech S/C after he put the 22's back on and just went for a last run on his way out.