potato land build , 9's@140mph+ goal

idahoBLKss

Build should be awesome and glad to see someone else taking a bite at single digits.

And from what I remember chase ran 18" nitto 555R's, and ran his best time on the vortech S/C after he put thahe 22's back on and just went for a last run on his way out.

chase did have the 18" nitto 555r's and he did run his fastest with 22 on the vortech, but his fastest time has been with the twins, on the same 22" wheels with his old nitto 420s tires.

As for the small twins vs. Big single argument, No both of these truck will have totally different drive feels and characteristics. The supra boys have demonstrated time and time again that for top end power, a big single is the ticket, for throttle response and mid range power, twins are the way to go. Chase was also at the limit of his current turbos. Next size up would have improved his top end, however it would result in some low end loss.

well got the time to get some of the pipes tigged up by a friend of the family should have the other half tigged up by next weekend so i can finally start shaping / fitting the 5" down pipe and waste gate tubing...

im going to be picture whoring if you dont mind ....

DSC_0381_zpsf6d9d092.jpg

DSC_0378_zps5dba605c.jpg

DSC_0377_zps7997c1bc.jpg

DSC_0376-1_zpscac84f8d.jpg

DSC_0375_zps371269d2.jpg

had a pretty big hole he had to bury, thought he did a good job on the patch

DSC_0374_zps493a0071.jpg

DSC_0373_zps663c4ddd.jpg

DSC_0380_zps1a6950b4.jpg

DSC_0379_zps7ad13138.jpg

Those are some pretty good welds. I hate when you have holes to fill its kinda hard sometime to fill it and keep it looking good. He did good work.

made some progress today. main pipes are done ...

manifolds were a lil tricky but thank goodness my welder knows what hes doing...

first we had to bake them to about 400-500 degrees ...

IMG_20130609_104717_404_zpsaa471c85.jpg

pull them out and rush them to a sand box and bury them so they stayed nice and hot while we tigged them with some special rod ...

IMG_20130609_110043_937_zps29c272d9.jpg

IMG_20130609_110911_175_zps8d94a2d4.jpg

i thought it came out great !!

IMG_20130609_112231_055_zpsedd5169a.jpg

I'm liking this a lot. Haha

thanks man its coming to gether nicer then i imagined . this was suppose to be a budget flip kit but i think im into it deeper then if i were to buy a trick or kb kit now but i just dont like the looks of a log type manifold, they just dont do it for me.

Looks like he used 303 for the manifolds.good welds too.

not sure on what rod he used for the manifolds , but i can tell you it was a stick welding rod that was over $30 a pound and he had to chip all of the flux off and clean up to tig with , it was some kind of nickle something rod .

This is amazing work awesome build

thanks man. its comments like that , that keep me going.

Edited by idahoBLKss (see edit history)

Looking great Jon.

Couple things tho. Keep everything away from those hot pipes. That snail will put out some heat.

Also tell your buddy that does the welding to get some Hastalloy W filler rod. It is about $90 a pound but it saves tons of time and will not have issues with cracking especially if it is backpurged. I have used a lot of multi alloy filler rods and this has worked on all my stainless to cast or mild or chromoly.

Send some pics when you get more done.

Sent from my Motorola RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk 2