potato land build , 9's@140mph+ goal

idahoBLKss

do you plan to make the down pipe two piece?? Kyle and Rick both seem to be using a 2 piece down pipe to make it easier to work on...man that looks great, I love "ulgy" turbo's. I say ulgy b/c that is what they called Allen's turck manifold kits, but they always seemed to run good :)

cant wait to see it run and better yet get the fastest SSS !

as long as the turbo is moved it can slide in and out with out a problem .the down pipe is one piece from the turbo to the bottom of the frame rail .from there i got like a 90 degree elbow that is pointed out to the side that is slightly bigger then the 5" dp so it slides over it tightly and clamps on with a big hose clamp. i did it like this cause i didnt want to run a muffler or anything but made it like this so if i sell the kit in the future you could connect a full exhaust to it if you wanted too .

Build is coming along great. I can tell your welder knows what he's doing he layed down some nice beads. That hood barley shuts lol. Can't wait to see it come to life.

well got the oil lines done,got the overflow coolant tank relocated and mounted with some custom brackets and the waste gate piping is tacked and ready for the tig. getting real close to fire up but with the high heat lately i havent been real motivated ...

IMG_20130703_225157_934_zps6e7ebbcc.jpg

IMG_20130703_225045_244_zps8dee3406.jpg

What coolant overflow tank is that from?

thanks for the kind words guys. got the head studs and ls9 gaskets installed last night and actually sat down and put a list together on what i need to get done till i can turn the key so that will give me something to work toward and gives me a light at the end of the tunnel ( list is about 20 items long).good thing is a couple friends are coming over tonight to help out and give me some motivation because ive been real unmotivated lately working on this alone , no fun.

thats hard to say , the list i made is about 20 items long but half of that is parts i got to buy. the most labor intensive thing on the list now that the heads are done is going to be wiring the boost controller . other than that its a matter of getting coolant lines cut and fit to the new reservoir and to make a steam port and lines off the back of the heads and i need to extend the wiring on my o2 sensors to get to the new bungs .

thats hard to say , the list i made is about 20 items long but half of that is parts i got to buy. the most labor intensive thing on the list now that the heads are done is going to be wiring the boost controller . other than that its a matter of getting coolant lines cut and fit to the new reservoir and to make a steam port and lines off the back of the heads and i need to extend the wiring on my o2 sensors to get to the new bungs .

well what are you waiting for then? Ha just kidding. I have no room to talk. i haven't touched mine in months. ( not going to lie the thought of putting mine back to stock has crossed my mind a lot latley) I understand where your coming from when you say its no fun to work on alone. most of the work I do on the SS is by myself.which is fine but its hard to get motivated. but your gooding a very nice job so far. it will be all worth it the time you get to hear that turbo spool.

well what are you waiting for then? Ha just kidding. I have no room to talk. i haven't touched mine in months. ( not going to lie the thought of putting mine back to stock has crossed my mind a lot latley) I understand where your coming from when you say its no fun to work on alone. most of the work I do on the SS is by myself.which is fine but its hard to get motivated. but your gooding a very nice job so far. it will be all worth it the time you get to hear that turbo spool.

lol i hope so . i drove my buddies evo x the other day (he insisted, to give me motivation) and it was the first time i driven a turbo vehicle and i must say it was sweet when that turbo hit. what are you running for a boost controller ?

You just changed the definition of "go big or go home"

Words do not give this build justice. Keep up the great work.

After driving a F250 diesel turbo, I would love one in my truck.

I wonder how much gravitational force this thing will make throwing you back in the seat.... :driving:

Working alone does suck sometimes. I know if I had a buddy around to push me I'd might be done by now. Some of the things on your list I still have to do as well. Are you going to tie in all four coolant crossover holes together? I've seen some people do it like that.

You just changed the definition of "go big or go home"

Words do not give this build justice. Keep up the great work.

After driving a F250 diesel turbo, I would love one in my truck.

I wonder how much gravitational force this thing will make throwing you back in the seat.... :driving:

Thanks for the good words and i hope i black out because it pulls so hard ! Lol

Working alone does suck sometimes. I know if I had a buddy around to push me I'd might be done by now. Some of the things on your list I still have to do as well. Are you going to tie in all four coolant crossover holes together? I've seen some people do it like that.

No the back two will route to the back of my coolant tank resivoir . Edited by idahoBLKss (see edit history)