What's it worth?

jboyss

I am on the fence about selling my truck. It's my pride and joy. But lately I am thinking about buying a rcsb with a turbo lsx. I guess I'm just looking for a change. Anyone have any input on the value of my truck or wether I should sell or not sell, pls share. I'm the original owner and it has 57,500 on the odometer. Mods are in my sig. I don't have any current pics of it at the moment. It's mint arrival blue 04 silverado ss. It ran a 12.77 last year.

photo.jpg

Remember that the 04 AB SSS is the 3rd most rare color/year combo next to the 06 DEI SS and 07 SSS. Good luck with your choice, she sounds like a beauty! I say keep it, you can always get a rcsb and do the same mods, finding an AB SSS 04 with a bser roll pan is not something not often seen/found.

edit - An 03 loaded (except sunroof) w/63k miles in mint condition is worth 21k.

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

I say keep it bro. It's a SS they don't make this truck anymore. They make tons of rcsb trucks. You will regret selling I'd bet. I'm not selling mine ever. Ill keep it till I'm 80!

Remember that the 04 AB SSS is the 3rd most rare color/year combo next to the 06 DEI SS and 07 SSS. Good luck with your choice, she sounds like a beauty! I say keep it, you can always get a rcsb and do the same mods, finding an AB SSS 04 with a bser roll pan is not something not often seen/found.

edit - An 03 loaded (except sunroof) w/63k miles in mint condition is worth 21k.

if the 04 is so rare where does that put my 03 because I believe there were less 03's produced than 04's.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Have these trucks gone up in value? I am shocked to see what some people are selling or asking for their SS. Makes me consider selling it sometimes since it is valued more than I paid for it 3 years ago with 30k more miles. I know I would never pay book value for my truck. I just couldn't justify spending 17k on a 10 year old truck with 90k miles. Don't get me wrong, I love this truck and I am not complaining it is worth too much, I'm just making an observation. I have been looking at preowned 03-06 Denali's Escalades and CC Duramax's as a DD and can't believe the asking prices for almost 10 year old 100k+ mile vehicles.

Price all depends on what someone will pay. With the market these days, value of vehicles has gone down as they dont hold value like they used to regardless of what it is. With you saying its mint might not be to someone else with a very keen eye.

Pics would help alot give an idea, the raw pictures un edited. Mainly I would say around 20 if your selling outright and mid teens trade in at a decent dealer.

I say keep it bro. It's a SS they don't make this truck anymore. They make tons of rcsb trucks. You will regret selling I'd bet. I'm not selling mine ever. Ill keep it till I'm 80!

80? I'll be buried in mine lol

Have these trucks gone up in value? I am shocked to see what some people are selling or asking for their SS. Makes me consider selling it sometimes since it is valued more than I paid for it 3 years ago with 30k more miles. I know I would never pay book value for my truck. I just couldn't justify spending 17k on a 10 year old truck with 90k miles. Don't get me wrong, I love this truck and I am not complaining it is worth too much, I'm just making an observation. I have been looking at preowned 03-06 Denali's Escalades and CC Duramax's as a DD and can't believe the asking prices for almost 10 year old 100k+ mile vehicles.

I know the TBSS is going up, I turned down 25k for it last week, it has gone up 1200 since last year

if the 04 is so rare where does that put my 03 because I believe there were less 03's produced than 04's. Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

In 2004 their were less Arrival Blue's out of the factory than 2003. I believe it was just over or under 1,000 I do not have numbers in front of me, unless I got the years reversed. I do know 07 most rare, DEI SS 06 2nd, then the AB 04. Just by being on the site Ive noticed there aren't many 04 AB SSS', I can only count a hanful of members with that year and color on here.

Edited by 03mass (see edit history)

• 5 months later...

I'm contemplating selling mine as I never use it. Wondering what I should ask. Its an 03 with every option. I bought it from a car collector who garaged and covered it the day he bought it home. He had it for 2 years when I got from him with 2k miles. I bought it as a toy as well and used it only summers and it was garaged and covered all other times. I have 27k miles on it. Never seen winters or salt. Parked out of direct sun so no fading. All original except steel cowl induction hood and ARE rims (have stockers in storage). Still has original rubber which is 60% and not dry rotted. Has a leer bed lid and has never had anything in bed....factory paint still mint in there. Not a spot of surface rust anywhere or underneath.....fluid film undercoated several times throughout the years. Showroom & impeccable. Exceptionally maintained, obviously. Thoughts from you guys?

I'm contemplating selling mine as I never use it. Wondering what I should ask. Its an 03 with every option. I bought it from a car collector who garaged and covered it the day he bought it home. He had it for 2 years when I got from him with 2k miles. I bought it as a toy as well and used it only summers and it was garaged and covered all other times. I have 27k miles on it. Never seen winters or salt. Parked out of direct sun so no fading. All original except steel cowl induction hood and ARE rims (have stockers in storage). Still has original rubber which is 60% and not dry rotted. Has a leer bed lid and has never had anything in bed....factory paint still mint in there. Not a spot of surface rust anywhere or underneath.....fluid film undercoated several times throughout the years. Showroom & impeccable. Exceptionally maintained, obviously. Thoughts from you guys?

Here's one same miles as yours sold a little while back. Don't know what the final $ was.

http://www.silveradoss.com/forums/topic/82886-2004-silverado-ss-for-sale-black-27k-miles/

Good luck with the sale. Sounds like a nice-un.

My buddy Ash, a member on here, just bought a 05 Escalade with 110k for 12. Of course it has the 5.3 in it but it is really nice.