Which stall should I use?

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
this converter has the same str, it just has a few other refinements that the other number doesn't have. the 24213391 has superceeded a few times and is no longer listed as a trailblazer converter as it once was, but it is still about the same stall as the current trailblazer converter. it's a pretty cofusing set of numbers unless you keep up on it. i've listed the numbers a few times, but the numbers frequently change.

currently there are three tb numbers...

Ok so all three of those numbers will work for the exact some TB converter? is there a big diff between the TB and the one u said appears stock?

you will see a difference in performance off the line and after the shift. as for that specific converter, no trans tech is going to be able to tell the difference unless he runs the numbers. when it comes to warrenty issue's, you can never be certain once you've changed a part. you can only hope it doesn't become an issue. some parts like converters are just something you try to hide if you can to keep warrenty. most tech's don't check into things enough to even care or know what they are looking at some times.

OK the absolute last question i have here....You listed 3 PN's for the trailblazer converter. Would any of the 3 numbers work on my 04 SS? Zippy has led me to make my decision on the TB convertor, now i just want to make sure I order the correct one. :cheers: thanks

I installed a 2600 yank converter. I dropped my e/t by 0.1. Not worth the cash. I installed it a few weeks before Bill(hdml). Did you read his happenings and his e/t's did not change. This is over quite a few runs on like track conditions. I wasted a grand that should have went towards a nice blower or could have a better cam.

you spent an outragous amount on a 2600 if you spent a grand. only gaining .1 means there was a tuning issue at hand more than likely. bill's converter was nothing but a problem from the time he opened the box.

you spent an outragous amount on a 2600 if you spent a grand. only gaining .1 means there was a tuning issue at hand more than likely. bill's converter was nothing but a problem from the time he opened the box.

Bingo, without a PCM adjustment to the TCC lock-up tables, you won't gain anything. I didn't with the TT3000 until I got the program correct. At WOT, the PCM locks the convertor at 75mph. It also takes it's sweet time doing so. This kills all of your gains as the RPMs drop during the lock. By leaving the convertor unlocked, (moving the lock-up speed past 100mph), the gains will be present.

I found this with EFI Live, and you will never be able to pry that program from my hands. :D

Archived