Aksss turbo 370 rebuild

AKSSS

Next project is to clean up the wiring and vacuum lines. I think I am going to have to extend the wiring harness because it will not sit behind the intake. I can't have that! That is something I have not tackled before. Should be interesting.

• 3 weeks later...

your going to love the 80e

Yeah? You think so? I think the main reason I am going to like it is that I have a stronger tranny now. I was always waiting for it to pop!

I am finally making some more progress on this thing again. Life has gotten into the way a few times here this summer.

Where's the progress pics?? LOL :jester:

I'm still hoping you can get that thing together and running before the end of summer.

I am trying. But things just end up getting in the way. I would really like to get this thing on the road before first snowfall, but I don't know.

Yeah? You think so? I think the main reason I am going to like it is that I have a stronger tranny now. I was always waiting for it to pop!

I am finally making some more progress on this thing again. Life has gotten into the way a few times here this summer.

yes! not just because you have piece of mind but the way it shifts is so strong and the gear ratio is great imo! keep on keeping on cant wait to see what you do with it!

Well. Here is a few updates. Slow progress.

I tried to install the tranny last Friday and I checked my cross member to find this.

utu8emen.jpg

I didn't put enough material in to spread out the end pieces from where I cut the crossmember. I will get it fixed this weekend.

So I started assembling the rest of the motor parts. I got the water pump and a/c put back on yesterday on my lunch.

4e7ytyna.jpg

I have the fuel tank completely done now. I am waiting on a few fuel fittings and then I can start puttin the fuel lines together.

Edited by Aksss (see edit history)

• 4 weeks later...

Little update on my build.

It is getting close. I have been fightin a lot of little problems here and there. Biggest problem was my converter had the wrong plate on it and it wouldn't seat the converter snout into the crank. It took me a few days to get measurements from everyone concider ing everything, and I mean everythin is aftermarket.

The engine itself is pretty much finished up. I can't work on my cold side piping until I get the converter back this week and get the tranny on the cross member to get the engine sitting where it needs to be.

Zippy is working on a base tune for me, hopefully I will have a need for that in a week or two. I need to get this thing fired up before it snows. I doubt it will be moving under its own power before snow since I still have to get some driveshafts but I would like to get an initial startup.

I am going to do some serious harness modifications after I get everything done and running. That definitely needs cleaned up. I'll throw up some pics later this week.