Aksss turbo 370 rebuild

AKSSS

I got my transmission installed finally. Everything actually bolted right up. I won't even have to use spacers between the flexplate and the converter this time.

post-16394-141192225629_thumb.jpg

post-16394-141192226881_thumb.jpg

post-16394-14119223155_thumb.jpg

So now I got to finish up the wiring on the 80e. And my charge pipes. So I figure in a week or two I will be firing it up. I need to order driveshafts also. But I am going to put on my coil-over front suspension first. So I can get my ride height. Then order drivelines.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks Nz. I am pretty excited to see how this thing does next spring at the track. I have plenty of time now. It was -5F this morning and we have about 6 inches of snow already. I have lots to do still, but I see this thing going pretty fast, street or track.

Thanks Nz. I am pretty excited to see how this thing does next spring at the track. I have plenty of time now. It was -5F this morning and we have about 6 inches of snow already. I have lots to do still, but I see this thing going pretty fast, street or track.

if only you had our seasons, were heading into summer now so the nights are getting warmer and lighter i did my conversion to my truck over our winter so at least ill have the summer to enjoy it, its harder for you guys as its so much colder up there at the top of the world i do know how cold it gets there as i was in Fair Banks in December i don't know how you do it, its to cold lol

• 2 months later...

Lol!!! I leave for vacation on Wednesday. When I get back it will get done.

I got a guy to tig weld my charge pipes for me finally. That was my biggest hurdle. Plumbing the I/c in the front bumper takes a little more work than in the grille especially with 3" pipe.

Everything but some small stuff is pretty much done. It will go quick once I get back from vacation.

I'll need to pick your brain on the 80e speed sensor wiring as well as fuel pump harness/bucket fabrication when you get back. I'm out of practice and forgot all the numbers. Did you end up getting a -6AN bulkhead connector for the return to the top of the bucket? I'll look back a few pages in your thread. Can't remember if you posted pics or not.

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

• 6 months later...

Ok. Bumping this back up. This truck is going to finally fire up this week. Here are a few pics.

post-16394-143798200427_thumb.jpg

post-16394-143798204093_thumb.jpg

post-16394-14379820669_thumb.jpg

Don't judge the wiring. A new harness will be built this winter. When it is -40 outside. Not 80 above.