The Storm

rcapone

Wow. So the aluminum would get eaten huh? I take it they'll anodize the rails inside and out then? That blue should look really good. Set it off nice. Yeah there a thread about E85/alternative fuels etc.. I was under the impression that you needed special o-rings, plastic, etc throughout the entire fuel system as the fuel will eat silicone, rubber, etc. I know all the flex fuel fords have all steel lines and special high volume pumps, high flow injectors, regulators, lifetime filters and all sorts of crap to make it work. Kinda curious how guys on stock/mild fuel systems are filling up with E85...

Anyway, glad the trans is in! You don't waste any time do ya? :lol: I'm much slower since I'm doing it all on the floor of my 1 car garage by my lonesome. Lol. Keep us updated with everything. Very excited to see the new cooler installed. That coolant pump is badass too. I'm anxious to see how mine does. Gonna try to mount mine just right so you can see "Fluidyne" through the grille. Haha

Yeah, I already called Injector Dynamics and confirmed their O-rings are e85 compatible. Kind of disappointed that Lonnie didn't say anything about the fuel rails being an issue and I had to find this out on my own. His website advertises a "complete" system and even shows a pic of the included fuel rails he uses...never got any kind of discount either for him not sending rails with mine :(

Yeah, the LPE exchanger I'm using will hopefully get installed soon too. I'm REALLY hoping my guy will have it buttoned up the weekend of the 14th so I can get that bisch to the track..I'm really jonzin to get that thing on the road

Dude I bet! Bring a camera! I got a suction cup mount for my go pro. Can't wait to get on the street and make some cool vids. :peelout:

I'm sure you're going to bevery surprised w/ how much faster it's gonna be. Who's doing your tuning?

lol, I got the gopro on standby too...vids coming soon! I bought a helmet mount and thinking of mounting mine on the right side of my helmet for a run or two, then probably on a fender...can't wait, lol

Zippy. I upgraded my HP Tuners to the pro version so I can log my wideband for him and he can get it dialed in as close to perfect as possible. Things get pretty serious with 15psi or more, hehe With the regular version I was having to tell him what the wideband read after each log I emailed him - total pain in the ass

Got my parts back from the anodizer today. I'm REEEALY hoping to get this baby finished this weekend so I can go to the track Sat. the 21st

Pretend to be sick and work on our truck all day and get it done.. :lol: I was "sick" yesterday. Was in the garage from 8-6.. Haha. Got lots done :thumbs:

Forward them bitches to me!!!

Hopefully I'll have an identical set at the end of summer. :peelout:

You can have 'em, I hate these things :jester:

Will these be mounted and photographed by the end of the night

I wish! Hopefully tomorrow if everything goes well!

Got my parts back from the anodizer today. I'm REEEALY hoping to get this baby finished this weekend so I can go to the track Sat. the 21st

Your gonna have to stop buying parts to get her finished. :jester:

Brake parts, as all others, are great looking Randy. Good luck getting her all together soon.

Your gonna have to stop buying parts to get her finished. :jester:

Brake parts, as all others, are great looking Randy. Good luck getting her all together soon.

No Kidding...I'm done!! Thanks Johnny, I appreciate that buddy.

Went to drop off the Wilwoods this morning and got some pics of the Flex Fuel Sensor and how we ran the new fuel lines underneath. Also got a few of the trans cooler mounted in the bumper vent

20150314_084249.jpg

20150314_084258.jpg

20150314_084311.jpg

Still need to give it a flush and hook up the 90's

20150314_085428.jpg

20150314_085456.jpg

Looks good homie. I gotta pick up some brackets and hang my fuel lines. The cooler lines look good!

Now hurry up and get some new track times. Very interested to see your 60ft difference with the new gears. You're going to be deep into the 11s for sure. You got a smaller pulley to compliment the new fuel system right?

Edited by MID12sSSS (see edit history)

Thanks brah! I've already reserved a trailer for next Saturday the 21st!

Yeah, I'm going to keep the 3.3" on there for the first run or two just to see what kind of 60 and overall improvement I have with the trans gear change, larger exchanger and fuel system. Then I'll slap on the 3.0" I've had sitting on my bench for the last 8 months or so to see the difference that makes. I've been thinking about snatching up a 2.8" takealook.gifto bring along for the ride too. If I get close to 10 seconds with the 3.0" once we get her dialed in good, you bet yer ass I'm throwing on the 2.8", lol.

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)