The Storm

rcapone

Unsure what's causing the issue, so I bought a new trans that my tech's getting started on rebuilding tomorrow - Modded intermediate drum w/36 element sprag, 34 element overdrive, billet shaft, Coan low planet gears, transgo hd2 and alto red eagle performance rebuild kit w/kolene steels. Just curious if anyone has good or hopefully not bad experience with those alto red eagles??

Here's the rebuild kit I bought off ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/191289795885?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

And here's the intermediate drum & sprag: http://www.ebay.com/itm/171631165039?_trksid=p2059210.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Take a look at this beauty out of a '95 GMC 2500 :huh:

20150327_085309.jpg

20150327_085400.jpg

Edited by L8ERBRO (see edit history)

Just curious if anyone has good or hopefully not bad experience with those alto red eagles??

I currently am running red eagle clutches in my 65E and no problems yet and by no means am I easy on her... My stock clutches were burnt up before we rebuilt the trans... Those Alto's claim to hold good up to 230' temps, so unless your tranny is boiling hot you should be good... I built my tranny over 5 years ago, once we got her back together I filled her up with some good ole Oreily's ATF and a bottle of Lubegard friction modifier and no problems yet...

Edited by 2003_SuperSport (see edit history)

Thanks James, I needed a little assurance that I chose a good rebuild kit! It's good to hear those alto's can withstand some heat too just in case. Since I installed my 40k, my temps stay around 130 cruising down the highway and usually no more than 175 max when it's hot out.

I can't say I'm a fan of the Borg Warner high energy's that were in my 2 FLTs since I roasted the fist set with cool tranny temps and this one is already slipping right out of the box. I really have my fingers crossed I'll get it right this time so I can enjoy my ride instead of having to worry about the trans slipping.

I'm gonna be running alto reds, billet shafts (input and intermediate), 36 element intermediate sprag drum and the billet intermediate pressure plate, and forward clutch hub 4340 alloy .....hopefully it will hold together

Along with my 408 and ls3 tvs2300 with cog gears. ... hopefully make good power :)

The rest of my parts for my 80e resurrection came in yesterday

Custom made intermediate drum and 36 element sprag - supposedly rated for 2000+ rwhp, not that I'll ever get there but more is always better IMO!

20150330_173200.jpg

20150330_173559.jpg

20150330_173702.jpg

20150330_173813.jpg

20150330_174059.jpg

These would look right at home on your intros....

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=351355657355

Lmao yeah they would or could get personalized RB :)

:crackup: You guys are hilarious

I just dropped all the parts off and the SSS is going in this Sat. Hopefully he'll getter done sooner rather than later. I'm dying to hit the track