12 Second club.. Yeah Baby...;-)

HDMLNIUM

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks guys,

My wife and son and I went out and tried out a 05 EXT yesterday after work.

It was very nice, but I didn't get the (I have to have it feeling) so it looks like it will be more mods to the Denali instead. lol

Here comes confession time... :jester:

My truck use to shift great, nice and firm and quick thanks to Zippy. :cheers:

I ignored warning not to spray through the shifts and now I see why. haha :oops:

My truck now shifts something like it did stock... :puke:

So I guess that must be the first siqn of these transmissions craping out.

It still drives fine and still pulls good, it just shifts like $hit now.. :banghead:

I guess I will be going back to thinking about what mods are next.

Need to make her nice and strong for the 11's in the spring.. :cheers:

Bill-03SD

Thanks guys,

My wife and son and I went out and tried out a 05 EXT yesterday after work.

It was very nice, but I didn't get the (I have to have it feeling) so it looks like it will be more mods to the Denali instead. lol

Here comes confession time...  :jester:

My truck use to shift great, nice and firm and quick thanks to Zippy.  :cheers:

I ignored warning not to spray through the shifts and now I see why. haha :oops:

My truck now shifts something like it did stock...  :puke:

So I guess that must be the first siqn of these transmissions craping out.

It still drives fine and still pulls good, it just shifts like $hit now.. :banghead:

I guess I will be going back to thinking about what mods are next.

Need to make her nice and strong for the 11's in the spring.. :cheers:

Bill-03SD

with the upgraded clutches and stuff it's not so hard to shift with the spray, but stock it's a bitch on it. are you looking to get it built or have a new unit built for you?

zippy

I think I would like to get this one built, since I already have a shift kit and the billet servos in it.

But having a new one ready to be put in wouldn't be bad either.

So can you hook me up with all the parts I will need for a shop to put in?

Or do you think going with a built tranmission from Rossler Performance or FLP or someone like that would be the best way to go?

I am ready now so now I just need to find out what would be the strongest and best choice the first time. :driving:

Bill-03-SD

super sweet times :D:thumbs::thumbs:

I really need to hit the track with the n2o, before I trash my tranny with it on the street. :happysad: Would you beleive I'm only on my second bottle...?

I like the idea of having a "nitrous ready" slushbox in reserve for the day when the stocker craps out. :ughdance:

I think I would like to get this one built, since I already have a shift kit and the billet servos in it.

But having a new one ready to be put in wouldn't be bad either.

So can you hook me up with all the parts I will need for a shop to put in?

Or do you think going with a built tranmission from Rossler Performance or FLP or someone like that would be the best way to go?

I am ready now so now I just need to find out what would be the strongest and best choice the first time. :driving:

Bill-03-SD

i can set you up with the parts to make it considerably better than what it is assuming your trans guy is pretty decent at assembly. if i were recomending a bolt in replacement, i'd recomend a rossler though.

zippy

deezel,

Thanks.. :cheers:

Get her to the track quick, it only took me a bottle and a half launching with a 100 shot to turn my hard shifting truck into a slushbox.. :D

Your na times are very close to mine so get her to the track with a 100 shot and bust her into the 12's... :driving:

Good luck with it.. :thumbs:

Zippy,

The transmission guys around here scare me..lol

I think I will go with the Rossler Performance built trany..

Thanks for you opinion, that is what I wanted to hear.. :cheers:

Bill-03-SD

Bill, Bill ,Bill....

I've seen this behavior in you before. You know your not going to stop. LOL

Congrats on the 12s. Do the SS guys have 12 second club stickers like the L guys.

VINNIE

BTW- are you coming to JDM Day? It would be great to see you again.

I'm going for LOW, LOW 10s(Its at JDMs as we speak..Mo Money..Mo Money..LOL), then a cage and Racetested Nitrous system are going in for 9s next year.

F8L Z71,

Thank you, it's a good club to be in.. :cheers:

Vinnie,

Mods, mods, mods... we are addicted my friend... :devil:

It felt great to run 12's with the big Denali, now I can't wait to run it in the 11's.. :driving: One of my 12.7's was against a 03-04 Mustang Cobra, my friend got it on video. It is a great video clip, you see the tree come down, we both take off, you hear the roar of the Denali. Then you hear the wine of the eaton on the mustang, I go through the traps first and get the win light. Then you here the people in the stands reaction.. That was cool... :thumbs:

I don't think I will be making it to JDM this year, but I want to see some pics and videos from the day..Good luck on your low 10 second runs..I know you can do it.. :thumbs:

Cage and Nitrous time... :devil: I know the feeling.. I really hope you bust right into the 9's with your new set-up in the spring..That is an Awesome goal..Good luck with it.. :cheers:

Bill-03-SD

What is all this crying about tranny's :confused: I've pounded hard mine and it still bangs hard ,I've never backed off the bottle during shifts or any of that stuff! Just giving you guys shit I've been pretty lucky with this pickup (not so lucky with the 02 ext. cab was pulling piston material out of the exhaust) :driving:

What is all this crying about tranny's :confused: I've pounded hard mine and it still bangs hard ,I've never backed off the bottle during shifts or any of that stuff! Just giving you guys shit I've been pretty lucky with this pickup (not so lucky with the 02 ext. cab was pulling piston material out of the exhaust) :driving:

You've got to be sittin' on a ticking time bomb. :crazy:

deezel,

Thanks.. :cheers:

Get her to the track quick, it only took me a bottle and a half launching with a 100 shot to turn my hard shifting truck into a slushbox.. :D

Your na times are very close to mine so get her to the track with a 100 shot and bust her into the 12's... :driving:

Good luck with it.. :thumbs:

Bill-03-SD

Hopefully soon. Problem is, I've added weight since I had that good day at the track last winter - (hard lid, bedrug, n2o bottle/hardware). I might have to uninstall a few items for a chance at 12's, at least with a 100-shot or less. Matt's incident with the 150-shot has me cautious about going that high...

:dunno:

Archived