You saw it in CHP, now see it on video!

Mervz

You guys can search the board for the post by Chevy High Performance. He kept us well informed on this project. You could also pick up the magazines that have the articles in them.

That's right.. I remember now.. will do.

i've driven that truck, that's just how it sounds. the cowl hood with no liner does help though as does the x.xx" blower pulley.

Gotcha..

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
theres no way that truck has 600 RWHP......maybe, MAYBE 500 at the crank? No way 600 at the rear wheel.....but I dont know all that much about motor's so i could be wrong

Jk

i don't think it's supposed to be rwhp.

Who were the hoopies that popped up from behind the car????

The truck that Zane drove was halfway into Part 4. It's actually a little faster now.

DirtySSouth, the 600+ BHP (flywheel HP not wheel HP) number was from our truck banner at Bowling Green. We didn't dyno the engine. The estimate is based on our before and after wheel HP measurements. I recognize that this isn't the most accurate method but it gets you in the ball park. More details are given in Part 4.

500 BHP divided by 345 BHP stock is 1.45 or a 45% gain. You will gain this much from just a 6.5 psi supercharger alone.

Woffski - our tranny came with a lifetime warranty - I think??

We had another nice gain in Part 4. A little hint: the truck runs even with the C6 from 0 - 60 MPH.

Remember heat is a performance killer. Part 4 shows some thermal tweaks for the supercharger that improves the cooling efficiency (thermal cooldown rate) by about a factor of 2. The as-submitted Part 4 gets a little long winded and is not too colorful. There some drawn-out technical details of our thermal testing that I just couldn't reduce any further and give you the complete story.

As always, I print what does work and what doesn't work. In part 4, we tested another air box that lost performance. Don't worry this air box hasn't/won't hit the shelves!

xxjiqqax, excellent observation about the Volant box lid deflection! The deflection is due to the head loss of the Volant air box. This is why our gain/loss results may differ from non-forced induction SS's. This is why the original Volant box may be fine for relatively stock applications. Volant's new air box may only give a couple HP more than their old box for stock trucks. Currently, we are breathing more air than the PCM can actually read. Also, remember this deflection occured when the truck was revved unloaded - imagine what happens when the engine is loaded.

i was thinking that it was the stall.  i'm running 12.4"s and barely spining if at all.  in the vidio, i didn't here the truck stalling up.  wouldn't this cause for a softer launch?

it just has alot of flash stall.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived