You saw it in CHP, now see it on video!

Mervz

zippy or chp, is that vigilante 2800-stall a shelf converter or was it custom made for the mods on the SS?  i'm thinking about a stall again. :D

that was a 2800 stall that was ordered specifically for that truck. when it comes to an application of that kind of power, that is by far the best way to go.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
does it actually stall at 2800 rpm, or higher?  is towing say 4000lbs possible with this?  or better to get a 2600 or ??00 stall? :dunno:   thanks zippy.

when i was out there last, it was stalling around 2700-2800. with the extra mods they've done since i'd guess it's around 2900-3000 (as torque increases, stall increases). if you called and gave them your all of your info, i'd ask them to build one that stalls around 3000 on the nitrous which would get you around 2700-2800 without the nitrous and should be plenty tight for towing. in comparison, a yank off the shelf 2600 stall would have a flash stall around 2800-2900 without the nitrous and around 3200-3300 on the juice. going with a precision industries converter built for your truck is so much nicer of a way to go and with it's triple disc lockup, your trans temps will stay much lower than most.

there is a downside though, that pesky tire spin. :jester::D:driving::driving::driving:

for example the S-10 flashs to 3500 on the motor and 5200 or so on the juice.

I don't know if the precision would remain somewhat tight with the spray. I say if is below 4000 on the juice it would work well. On a 6l with a increased shift point and maybe some better springs. I would like the flash stall to be about 4200 or so on the juice.

TJ

• 2 months later...

Archived